Talking about the Nashville high bar

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Talking about the Nashville high bar

Post by Casey H » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:20 am

Quote:Glen Campbell a member fo the BBs? Being a member and getting hired to do the session on guitar, aren't exactly the same. Was he actually a part of the band, or a hired mercenarey? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glen_CampbellQuote: He was a full-fledged member of The Beach Boys, filling in for an ailing Brian Wilson on tour in 1964 and 1965 and he also played on the Pet Sounds album. Apparently in 1964, Brian Wilson had a major anxiety attack and couldn't perform. Glen Campell was brought in to replace him... Casey

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:33 am

Being a member of the band, in my experience, means being a member of the company that enjoys the profits from the writing of the songs. Campbell was a session player who was also hired to do those tours. But that's just semantics anyway, Casey. From the perspective of someone going to a show, Glen Campbell was IN the band. I understand that. This looks like our discussion of the term, "friends," once upon a time. I hope you realize you're on my short list of friends now, Casey. Quote:Quote:Glen Campbell a member fo the BBs? Being a member and getting hired to do the session on guitar, aren't exactly the same. Was he actually a part of the band, or a hired mercenarey? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glen_CampbellQuote: He was a full-fledged member of The Beach Boys, filling in for an ailing Brian Wilson on tour in 1964 and 1965 and he also played on the Pet Sounds album. Apparently in 1964, Brian Wilson had a major anxiety attack and couldn't perform. Glen Campell was brought in to replace him... Casey

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:08 pm

Quote:I hope you realize you're on my short list of friends now, Casey. CaseyWhat you mean "short" list? How do I get on the "long" list? Casey

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:22 pm

Remember, this is my short list, we're talking about. There isn't a long list, yet... Quote:Quote:I hope you realize you're on my short list of friends now, Casey. CaseyWhat you mean "short" list? How do I get on the "long" list? Casey

ciskokidd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ciskokidd » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:07 pm

Steve,That lyric is great. I haven't had the chance to hear the tune, but the story works on all fronts.A TAXI forward? Oh yes, I think so.CiscoQuote:Quote:Did you know he was once a member of the Beach Boys?Glen Campbell a member fo the BBs? Being a member and getting hired to do the session on guitar, aren't exactly the same. Was he actually a part of the band, or a hired mercenarey? Hey I just ran across this awesome country tune. I thought the lyric is just perfect, then I listened to the song, and I was a little disappointed, but it still is a great story song. Would taxi screeners forward this tune? It's not a cowboy party song, I'm betting that they would likely move it on up the ladder...Trace Adkin's doing this (Jim Collins/Sunny Russ) tune.http://video.aol.com/video/music-trace- ... 122875Then They DoIn the early rush of morning,Trying to get the kids to school:One's hanging on my shirt-tail,Another's locked up in her room.And I'm yelling up the stairs:"Stop worrying 'bout your hair, you look fine."Then they're fightin' in the backseat,And I'm playing referee.Now someone's gotta go,The moment that we leave.And everybody's late,I swear that I can't wait till they grow up.Then they do, and that's how it is.It's just quiet in the mornin',Can't believe how much you miss,All they do and all they did.You want all the dreams they dreamed of to come true:Then they do.Now the youngest is starting college,She'll be leavin' in the Fall.And Brianna's latest boyfriend,Called to ask if we could talk.And I got the impression,That he's about to pop the question any day.I look over at their pictures,Sittin' in their frames.I see them as babies:I guess that'll never change.You pray all their lives,That someday they will find happiness.Then they do, and that's how it is.It's just quiet in the mornin',Can't believe how much you miss,All they do and all they did.You want all the dreams they dreamed of to come true:Then they do.No more Monday PTA's,No carpools, or soccer games.Your work is done.Now you've got time that's all your own.You've been waitin' for so long,For those days to come.Then they do, and that's how it is.It's just quiet in the mornin',Can't believe how much you miss,All they do and all they did.You want all the dreams they dreamed of to come true:Then they do.Ah, then they do.

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:59 am

Glen Campbell may also be responsible for the guitar solo in Ricky Nelson's Travelin' Man.