Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

pveniot
Impressive
Impressive

Taxi Dispatch D190708CM

Post by pveniot » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:21 am

Hi all, submitting for this listing.

https://soundcloud.com/pierre-veniot/epic-win

They want Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues in the general stylistic wheelhouse of the following references:

The Challenge: Vendettas (Starting at 0:05 – 0:55)
AMERICAN GRIT (Starting at 0:00 – 1:21)
The Challenge: Final Reckoning | MTV (Starting at 0:32 – 1:12)

Quoting the Music Library: "We’re looking for Epic, Orchestral competition Cues that are Up-Tempo, super percussive, full fidelity, and massive in intensity. They need to have lots of impacts and rises, and tracks that just hit you in the gut!”

Your adrenaline-filled Instrumental Cues should stick to one melodic idea and mood from beginning to end. Give your pieces arcs that build as they progress. Add and subtract layers of instruments as your Cues move forward so it sounds like they're leading to an epic finish!

TAXI Tip: It's very important that your Virtual Instruments and Patches sound like the real deal. Anything that’s stiff or synthetic won’t work well for this request.

This listing is for next Monday July 8th...
Will submit, with your valuable updates...

Thx All
Pierre
:D Music is the Esperanto of the world. (Duke Ellington)

gregorym
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Taxi Dispatch D190708CM

Post by gregorym » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:57 am

Nicely done. I hear the influence of Holst. Cool

Later,
Greg

ttully
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ttully » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:00 am

Hi Pierre,

While this is a nice track..... it is not what this library is looking for.

They want BIG, Up Tempo, Super Percussive, Massive in Intensity tracks with LOTS of Impacts and Rises..... tracks that 'HIT YOU IN THE GUT'
And believe me..... that is exactly what they mean..... THINK BIG, MASSIVE, HITS, RISERS, IMPACTS

Here is the type of stuff they looking for:
https://soundcloud.com/timtully/dangerous-game/s-GhnMI

My $1 worth,
Tim
Last edited by ttully on Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:55 pm

Hi Pierre

You didn't post the link to the Reference tracks and I'm not a Dispatch Member but I believe I have seen this brief direct from a couple of Taxi Friendly Libraries and know what they are looking for.

Sorry but this is way outside of the ballpark ..it's a fairly nice orchestral piece but it's not in the style of The Challenge. They are very intense pieces of music with lots of sound design elements, huge drum hits, risers etc..you don't have any of those.

I have had a couple of placements on The Challenge - Death Race this year if you want to hear what made the cut - My reference artist would be someone like JunkieXl as well rather than a classical composer

https://soundcloud.com/user-45178330/se ... eard-on-tv

Mark

pveniot
Impressive
Impressive

Post by pveniot » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:13 pm

ttully wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:00 am
Hi Pierre,

While this is a nice track..... it is not what this library is looking for.

They want BIG, Up Tempo, Super Percussive, Massive in Intensity tracks with LOTS of Impacts and Rises..... tracks that 'HIT YOU IN THE GUT'
And believe me..... that is exactly what they mean..... THINK BIG, MASSIVE, HITS, RISERS, IMPACTS

Here is the type of stuff they looking for:
https://soundcloud.com/timtully/dangerous-game/s-e8Btf

My $1 worth,
Tim
Many Thx Tim... willpass on this listing but saw a more ''convenient'' one...

pveniot
Impressive
Impressive

Post by pveniot » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:17 pm

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:55 pm
Hi Pierre

You didn't post the link to the Reference tracks and I'm not a Dispatch Member but I believe I have seen this brief direct from a couple of Taxi Friendly Libraries and know what they are looking for.

Sorry but this is way outside of the ballpark ..it's a fairly nice orchestral piece but it's not in the style of The Challenge. They are very intense pieces of music with lots of sound design elements, huge drum hits, risers etc..you don't have any of those.

I have had a couple of placements on The Challenge - Death Race this year if you want to hear what made the cut - My reference artist would be someone like JunkieXl as well rather than a classical composer

https://soundcloud.com/user-45178330/se ... eard-on-tv

Mark
Hi, i did post the reference tracks and they sound nothing like what you posted...
but I will pass on this listing... found another one more in the style of what I did....

Thx for listening.