Taxi fees

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

trehollywood

Taxi fees

Post by trehollywood » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:51 am

Hello people. My wife and I are a songwriting team and perform our own music. Does anyone know if I would have to pay the Taxi fee as two separate people or as one fee? Thanks in advance.

superflux
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Taxi fees

Post by superflux » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:33 am

Welcome,You can get one membership, but there is a stipulation: The person in whosename you get the membership MUST be a co-writer on every song that yousubmit. You may not submit other people's material.Also, if one of you is the lead singer, make sure that you get the membershipin their name. That way, if you ever attend the Taxi Road Rally convention,he/she will be eligible to sing at open mics and other "members only" events.Good luck,Steve

trehollywood

Post by trehollywood » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:11 am

Thanks Superflux! That answered my question BIG time. Little Rock, AR. huh? I currently live in Phoenix, AZ. but was born and raised in Memphis, TN. Man I miss the south! But I LOVE the southwest, lol.

happy
Active
Active

Post by happy » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:00 am

Quote:Thanks Superflux! That answered my question BIG time. Little Rock, AR. huh? I currently live in Phoenix, AZ. but was born and raised in Memphis, TN. Man I miss the south! But I LOVE the southwest, lol.Hi: I was born and raised in Memphis too! I now reside in Washington state. I sometimes turn on the country radio station so I can listen to some southern accents .
Di

hookstownbrown
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by hookstownbrown » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:16 pm

I was born and raised in Pennsylvania and it looks like I'm stuck here forever...Somebody shoot me... Please... Three or four times at least...

drew
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by drew » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:14 am

Sure, anything for a buddy.
It's hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere

onoffon
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by onoffon » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:16 am

Don't worry about it, Hook...I was born and raised in Hollywood and it hasn't helped me any.I've been dead for years - I just don't know it...

booker
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by booker » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:46 am

Aw c'mon Hook...you like them "black bonnett" chicks up there, and you know it.Trehollywood, my wife and I are a songwriting team/band as well. We have one membership in my name. Since she pretty much co-writes most our stuff, it works out well for us.

superflux
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by superflux » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:04 pm

Quote:Thanks Superflux! That answered my question BIG time. Little Rock, AR. huh? I currently live in Phoenix, AZ. but was born and raised in Memphis, TN. Man I miss the south! But I LOVE the southwest, lol.Glad to help! We learned the hard way at our first RoadRally this year, about whose name you want themembership to be in. The folks at Taxi were great about changing it for us, though.Cara and I drive through Memphis regularly en routeto Nashville. We always stop off in Germantown soshe can shop; Wolfchase Plaza buries the mallsin Little Rock. Can't say much for the state of the roadsin Memphis right now, the construction on I-40 is a MESS!!!Steve

hookstownbrown
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by hookstownbrown » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:49 pm

Well your wife would probably love Opry Mills... I couldn't keep my ex out of that mall...I'm not givin' up on moving down there yet... Nobody ever failed...