Taxi members hate modern music. True or False?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DesireInspires
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Taxi members hate modern music. True or False?

Post by DesireInspires » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:24 pm

fusilierb wrote:
Reading through this was somewhat fun at times, but is getting stale again. A few questions:
Who are you?
How old are you?
Why don't you have any of this wonderful "modern" music of yours posted somewhere so that we can at least hear what your music sounds like as opposed to your opinions about it?

If people want to make mad sounds that's their business. Don't tell us what we should or should not be doing with our lives. And please stop with all this limp philosophizing without backing it up with some actual music of yours. You're right, you never know who is watching around here and you're not really doing yourself any favors with this preachy "holier than thou" garbage.

I am telling it like it is. All you need to know about me is that I am serious about this music thing. I do not mind that others are not. That is cool.

But many people here try to lend out advice when they are not even in the game. That is not cool at all. If someone just wants to come on here and argue with me, that person is really not a contributor.

Discussing things in a rational manner is good. I know that people may not agree with me. But why do people who are not professionals feel the need to get angry and start trouble? Isn't the point of coming here to learn and work with those who are serious? :mrgreen:

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:52 pm

DesireInspires wrote: But many people here try to lend out advice when they are not even in the game. That is not cool at all.
Ah!! Dumb me!! :o Someone shows up, uses an icon of a guy smoking a cigar in an astronaut helmut, offers no links to their own identity or music, but OF COURSE I should know they are "in the game"!!

Duh@me!! :lol:

:shock: Casey

michael11
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by michael11 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:56 pm

DesireInspires wrote:
fusilierb wrote:
Reading through this was somewhat fun at times, but is getting stale again. A few questions:
Who are you?
How old are you?
Why don't you have any of this wonderful "modern" music of yours posted somewhere so that we can at least hear what your music sounds like as opposed to your opinions about it?

If people want to make mad sounds that's their business. Don't tell us what we should or should not be doing with our lives. And please stop with all this limp philosophizing without backing it up with some actual music of yours. You're right, you never know who is watching around here and you're not really doing yourself any favors with this preachy "holier than thou" garbage.

I am telling it like it is. All you need to know about me is that I am serious about this music thing. I do not mind that others are not. That is cool.

But many people here try to lend out advice when they are not even in the game. That is not cool at all. If someone just wants to come on here and argue with me, that person is really not a contributor.

Discussing things in a rational manner is good. I know that people may not agree with me. But why do people who are not professionals feel the need to get angry and start trouble? Isn't the point of coming here to learn and work with those who are serious? :mrgreen:
All's Well That Ends Well

www.michaelgaughan.rocks

sedge
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sedge » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:11 pm

hey its all good fun DI, peer2 peer IS the place to have fun, share songs and get thoughts on them. Maybe you just posted in the wrong place and so maybe why we are tempted to jive you a bit and its funny you bite like you do. Its just love.

chill , we all know GCD , I dunno - learn the forum and bit maybe, and see what folks are up , share a few tunes and enjoy (? ) its your account.

top folks here and it can be very funny and top inspiration if we arrive with an empty cup - of music and opinion.

All the best spaceman

fusilierb
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by fusilierb » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:47 pm

DesireInspires wrote:
fusilierb wrote:
Who are you?
How old are you?

Everyone here is serious about music, we wouldn't be here if we weren't. You on the other hand, on this very post have said things like:

"You do not need to study the inner workings of music to copy it. I am far from an expert and have no intentions of becoming one."

That makes you sound extremely unserious to those of us who have taken the time to study.
If you're gonna preach, and you are preaching brother, you've got to be able to back that up with some credibility. You have also said, and I quote, "But many people here try to lend out advice when they are not even in the game."

Are you actually "in the game" ? If so, prove it. Let's hear what it is that you actually do besides condescend. I really hope that you can make me eat my words and that your music is jaw dropping. If that were the case I could forgive your complete lack of social skills and chalk it up to some sort of idiot savant type of of thing.

I'm done with this thread till I hear some chops. I said good day sir!

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:45 pm

DesireInspires wrote:4. You do not need to study the inner workings of music to copy it. I am far from an expert and have no intentions of becoming one.
I couldn't disagree more. Ask the folks who get the most forwards and placements (with or without Taxi). I mentioned in another post on this thread about the importance of imitation in film/TV music. I'm not saying it's about studying gobs of music theory. I'm talking about listening to commercial songs and disecting the stylistic and production elements.

:shock: Casey

DesireInspires
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by DesireInspires » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:07 pm

fusilierb wrote:
Are you actually "in the game" ? If so, prove it. Let's hear what it is that you actually do besides condescend. I really hope that you can make me eat my words and that your music is jaw dropping. If that were the case I could forgive your complete lack of social skills and chalk it up to some sort of idiot savant type of of thing.

I'm done with this thread till I hear some chops. I said good day sir!

- :o -

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by ernstinen » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:49 pm

What the hell's going on here? I dropped in to see the final posts while *I* was trying to get the "real" lyrics to "Hey Joe" as sung by Jimi Hendrix.

Well, while I'm here, I LOVE modern music. And I LOVE Bach. And all music in between. Bring it on! :mrgreen: I'd love to hear some modern music.

Best Regards,

Ern 8-) :)

Len911
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by Len911 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:04 pm

ernstinen wrote:What the hell's going on here? I dropped in to see the final posts while *I* was trying to get the "real" lyrics to "Hey Joe" as sung by Jimi Hendrix.

Well, while I'm here, I LOVE modern music. And I LOVE Bach. And all music in between. Bring it on! :mrgreen: I'd love to hear some modern music.

Best Regards,

If you want to hear a modern version of "Hey Joe" with the lyrics, sung by Franco Battiato w/Natacha Atlas, here is one on youtube,lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHGbxrE32a8
https://soundcloud.com/huck-sawyer-finn
Not an expert on contemporary music

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by ernstinen » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:32 pm

Len911 wrote:
If you want to hear a modern version of "Hey Joe" with the lyrics, sung by Franco Battiato w/Natacha Atlas, here is one on youtube,lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHGbxrE32a8

Len: Very cool version. It shows that a classic lyric CAN create a modern work. Thanks for that link!