Taxi Newbie - Submission Question - Quick listen?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

phil108

Taxi Newbie - Submission Question - Quick listen?

Post by phil108 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:32 pm

I just joined taxi a few days ago, and wanted to submit to a listing tomorrow.

Was hoping for some feedback - I think this song follows the criteria, but just wanted to double check. Thanks! - Phil

https://soundcloud.com/pkanakis1/miracles

The Supervisor is looking for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Songs that could be found on the same playlist as (but not limited to) acts and Songs like the following references the Music Supervisor gave us:

Quoting the Music Supervisor: “Songs should be heartwarming, honest and introspective, have top-notch performances and powerful lyrics with interesting imagery.”

Please submit current-sounding Country Songs with quality lyrics, super catchy melodies, and big, powerful Country choruses. Be sure your submissions have a well-crafted song structure with well-played Country-based instrumentation. Your vocal performances should have plenty of confidence, personality, and Country authenticity.

TAXI Tip: The bar will be really high for this request, so the more radio-ready your Songs sound, the better your chances could be for nailing this request. It’s better to send material that sounds more like records than music library tracks for this pitch.

Lyrics that avoid references to specific names, dates, times, places, brands, and profanity will be appreciated by the Music Supervisor, as they are often easier to place because they don't conflict with the story or the scene. Do not copy the referenced acts or Songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.
TAXI #Y190904CN

Submit to this listing TAXI # Y190904CN

cassmcentee
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Taxi Newbie - Submission Question - Quick listen?

Post by cassmcentee » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:24 pm

Nice tune Phil
I don't think this will get past the screeners though.
As the Request states... "This is for HIGH BAR country material..."
You have a nice warm mix but the playing doesn't feel like polished High Bar Country.
The first thing that hit me was the "Jack and Dianne" feel which is considered as Rock
I don't see the reference songs in your post, have you compared your's to those???
You did a nice job of singing on this one!
Keep making more!
Cass
Robert "Cass" McEntee
"Making music on a spinning ball of Magma"
https://soundcloud.com/robert-cass-mcentee
https://www.taxi.com/members/DosPalmasRecordings

phil108

Re: Taxi Newbie - Submission Question - Quick listen?

Post by phil108 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:06 pm

Thank you Cass. It was a toss up for me. I wasn't sure if it was more in Rock category. I see your point, Thank you
for listening. - Phil