taxi refunds

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mizdahp
Active
Active

taxi refunds

Post by mizdahp » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:54 am

i have been a taxi memeber for just under 1 year and have found it to be a total waste of time ,money and effort. they say they give feedback on tracks subbed, they only tell you what is wrong with the tracks and dont realy advise on what to change in them to make them better. i have subbed a few tracks for ads and tv and movies, i read what they ae looking for then create a track to fit the criteria, i even get musician friends in to see it is on target then i send them, but i only seem to get negative feedback from taxi. so i joined the unsigned guide, it has listings for every record label in the uk, i sent one track to 10 labels and within 1 week had offers from 3 companys, i now have a cd released and im working on another to be released in october, so my advise to any uk artists on taxi is to check out the unsigned guide.

and how do i get a refund from taxi as i feel they dont do enough for the money i have paid them, then have to pay to sub tracks, all seems a great big con, they have 50 000 members at $299 a shot, then $5 to sub tracks, mmm, that ads up to a lot of $$$$$$ cachiiing :( :x :?:

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: taxi refunds

Post by davewalton » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:00 am

Well, what do YOU think is the best way to ask for a Taxi refund? Here are three choices (hint: one of them is the correct answer)...

1. Call or email Microsoft and ask for a Taxi refund
2. Call or email NASA and ask for a Taxi refund
3. Call or email Taxi and ask for a Taxi refund ;)

Good luck with your new venture 8-)

mojobone
King of the World
King of the World

Post by mojobone » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:51 am

1.) What Dave said ^^^^

2.) Sorry I missed you at the Rally.

3.) You're doing it wrong. (especially if you didn't go to the Rally)

If they tell you what not to do, that's valuable feedback; I'd say you got your money's worth. It's good you're on the forum, where you can read about the five year plan. If you're giving up after one year, either the music business doesn't need you, or you no longer need Taxi. I'm happy for your success; be sure and let us know how those other offers work out.
The Straight Stuff; Roots, Rock & Soul

http://twangfu.wordpress.com
http://twitter.com/mojo_bone

michael11
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by michael11 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:30 am

What you have done here is the internet equivalent of standing outside a store,shouting and waving a placard complaining about the folks inside.

The only purpose it serves is it makes you look a bit of a T**T.

I find the best way to complain is quietly and firmly and directly to the people involved.

Just one last thing,I don’t know if it’s deliberate or not,but because of the UK/USA time difference you have about an eight hour start to do some damage before the company has a chance to respond.

That’s not cricket is it old boy? :o

BTW,I checked out (the unsigned guide) it’s just another business directory.

Having said all that,best of luck with your musical endeavours.

DesireInspires
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by DesireInspires » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:12 am

mizdahp wrote: so i joined the unsigned guide, it has listings for every record label in the uk, i sent one track to 10 labels and within 1 week had offers from 3 companys, i now have a cd released and im working on another to be released in october, so my advise to any uk artists on taxi is to check out the unsigned guide.
Dude, that's awesome! You went out, made things happen, and now you have a CD coming out. It is a good thing that you took your music career into your own hands.

By the way, where can we hear your music? What kind of music do you make? Is your CD on iTunes? Let me know!

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:20 am

davewalton wrote:Well, what do YOU think is the best way to ask for a Taxi refund? Here are three choices (hint: one of them is the correct answer)...

1. Call or email Microsoft and ask for a Taxi refund
2. Call or email NASA and ask for a Taxi refund
3. Call or email Taxi and ask for a Taxi refund ;)

Good luck with your new venture 8-)
NASA does Taxi refunds?? Cool!! 8-)

Seriously, simply contact Taxi and ask. Best of luck with your musical endeavors.

:) Casey

shoodBworkin
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by shoodBworkin » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:49 pm

just eat the outlay, dude. 94% pf everybody else does . . .
submit . . . and forget . . .

ottlukk
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ottlukk » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:36 pm

Desire beat me to the punch. No music link posted = zero credibility. If your stuff is that hot, why don't you post it up? Ott

Len911
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by Len911 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:20 am

Well Mizhap, the guarantee is pretty plain and simple. I don't know why you felt it necessary to rant. I think many have felt the frustration of their "genius" not being immediately recognized by the world at large,lol! Hopefully you'll pass quickly through the stage of disillusion and denial. I always thought the screeners went out of their way to find some small kernel of salvation in every submission, though some of mine I know they were really stretching it!
Your musician friends probably script their feedback, being very careful not to end up in a thread like this one. Judging from this thread, I doubt you are very open to criticism.
You would have to think I was naive to think that within a week, 3 labels made you an offer. And even more naive to think that you are so successful that you would be worrying about a $300 refund. Get over yourself friend,lol!
I'm not writing this to be cruel, but I think the quicker you get over your ego and hurt feelings, the faster you can move on and learn what it is that will make you more successful in your endeavors. I can't speak for everyone, but I am certain that many have shortcomings that they are working diligently on and it isn't easy!
https://soundcloud.com/huck-sawyer-finn
Not an expert on contemporary music

cardell
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cardell » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:51 am

ottlukk wrote:Desire beat me to the punch. No music link posted = zero credibility. If your stuff is that hot, why don't you post it up? Ott
:lol: :lol: ...yes, that's what I thought too.

Stuart
Cardell Music
Image Image
“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix