TAXI Return signed!!!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Burnzy
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

TAXI Return signed!!!

Post by Burnzy » Thu May 27, 2021 9:33 pm

I had 4 of 6 of my songs Forwarded by TAXI for a somewhat recent Instrumental Blues listing. Well, one of the songs that didn't get forwarded for the reason of "Too Repetitive" and "Could have a better developmental arc" just got signed when I re-submitted to another company (that I met through TAXI via another listing, and THANK YOU). Persistence pays off. So far, I haven't been contacted about any of the actual Forwards. I am grateful for the feedback from TAXI and they are probably right, but it is ironic that they chose to pass on this one. I guess if it ends up in a scene for 30 seconds, it doesn't need to build or develop.

Here is the song:

https://www.taxi.com/members/gzHqx5R5QG ... f-s-boogie

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: TAXI Return signed!!!

Post by songmaster » Fri May 28, 2021 5:57 am

I have had a few songs signed that were not forwarded. It's not that the song is bad, it's that it didn't fit the listing requirements. So there is hope for every song :)

Tom

OwenGrech
Impressive
Impressive

Post by OwenGrech » Fri May 28, 2021 10:02 am

A returned song could always work in another situation as it is always linked to that particular listing at that particular time. Well done for the deal and best of luck!

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri May 28, 2021 10:22 am

Yeah I've had loads of Returns signed and quite a few placed

I suppose the main thing is the return reason...if it is returned for being off target then it can work elsewhere...if it's returned for being below broadcast quality then it's probably not going to

Burnzy
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Burnzy » Fri May 28, 2021 11:36 am

OwenGrech wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 10:02 am
A returned song could always work in another situation as it is always linked to that particular listing at that particular time. Well done for the deal and best of luck!
Thanks!

NMN
Active
Active

Post by NMN » Sat May 29, 2021 10:52 pm

Burnzy wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 9:33 pm
I had 4 of 6 of my songs Forwarded by TAXI for a somewhat recent Instrumental Blues listing. Well, one of the songs that didn't get forwarded for the reason of "Too Repetitive" and "Could have a better developmental arc" just got signed when I re-submitted to another company (that I met through TAXI via another listing, and THANK YOU). Persistence pays off. So far, I haven't been contacted about any of the actual Forwards. I am grateful for the feedback from TAXI and they are probably right, but it is ironic that they chose to pass on this one. I guess if it ends up in a scene for 30 seconds, it doesn't need to build or develop.

Here is the song:

Congrats Burnzy, great sound and guitar work! It makes me think of the soundtrack for a DIY show or a Travelogue show. It is repetitive but I think that's a good thing for that sort of context.

Burnzy
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Burnzy » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:54 pm

Thanks! I played keyboards and bass on it, but I agree it's great guitar work. Jeff Fielder played the guitar tracks. He tours with Mark Lanegan, and learned a lot of slide while opening up for Tedeschi Trucks... Derek Trucks-style.

Here is the song:

[/quote]

Congrats Burnzy, great sound and guitar work! It makes me think of the soundtrack for a DIY show or a Travelogue show. It is repetitive but I think that's a good thing for that sort of context.
[/quote]