TAXI # S050620JZ

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bbm

TAXI # S050620JZ

Post by bbm » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:58 am

Our song "When Sara Smiles" was forwarded last night for this listing:JazzTAXI # S050620JZJAZZ SONGS and INSTRUMENTALS - OF ALL STYLES - wanted by successful Producer/Hit Songwriter who is now creating a new music production library for film and TV placement. He asked that recordings be as pristine as possible. Meaning home recordings are okay but must be of excellent broadcast quality. This library will definitely compete with the big boys, so the bar is super-high. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD (no cassettes), include lyric sheets, photo and bio are optional. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than June 20, 2005. TAXI # S050620JZOur BroadJam page is:http://www.broadjam.com/bbmYou'll find "When Sara Smiles" on our Active Playlist page.

kg
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: TAXI # S050620JZ

Post by kg » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:03 pm

That song's really getting around, ain't it!?! Congrats, again. Hope you get a bite.

bbm

Post by bbm » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:13 pm

kg,Hopefully it's a sign that we're on the right track.Actually, what's interesting here is that this was the third time that this song has been forwarded by the same reviewer (that we know of). It's been forwarded on two other listings, but those were dispatch and we don't know who the reviewer was for those listings (reviewer id# doesn't show up on broadjam in yes/no results).One other interesting thing...We submitted another song, "I Just Keep Thinking of You", to this same listing. It was returned this time, but the same reviewer forwarded the same song on an earlier listing back in January. That in itself is not any big deal, the reviewer might just feel it wasn't appropriate for this listing.What _is_ interesting is that in January the reviewer gave the track all 8's except for two 9's for engineering and musicians. So, very high marks. This time the same reviewer gave the exact same track three 6's and three 7's. Not bad, but not 8's and 9's. Go figure!One concern I have about this is that Broadjam changed the way music is presented since January. I wonder if it affects how TAXI is listening on their end? It seems strange for the same reviewer to give the same track such different marks unless it actually sounded different for some technical reason.Hmmm.....bbm

bobc
Active
Active

Post by bobc » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:27 pm

Congrats...heard that song before and really liked it...still do Good Luck!!Bob

kg
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by kg » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:37 pm

Quote:One concern I have about this is that Broadjam changed the way music is presented since January. I wonder if it affects how TAXI is listening on their end? It seems strange for the same reviewer to give the same track such different marks unless it actually sounded different for some technical reason.Hmmm.....bbmYou know, I have wondered the same thing myself, but I think, I hope, in the long run that they are hearing the songs for what they are. For example, last year I only submitted once or twice due to discouragement, but to make a very long story short, I had musicians who have played with the likes of Peter Frampton and Eric Clapton playing on some of my demos for which the musicianship was rated a 5. If that's not complete bull-diddy, I don't know what is, however I did take some of their lyric comments into consideration what writing my newer stuff and low and behold, I'm getting forwarded. Who knows...but I think I'm getting there. I'm rambling aren't I?Kelly