TAXI # S060411OR Listing Question

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

nelsonortiz

TAXI # S060411OR Listing Question

Post by nelsonortiz » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:30 pm

For this listing, Is there a recommended length of the songs or is it the standard 60 sec to 3 min per song. I have a Composition thats 1 min but I don't want to waste time by submiting it if its full songs they are looking for. Its a complete peice of music, I just don't know if that is what they need.The Creative Director of an established Music Production Company that has recently become a full-blown Music Library with international distribution needs contemporary ORCHESTRAL COMPOSERS-PRODUCERS for a variety of upcoming projects. Style-wise, he’s completely open, but your talent must be viable for film/TV/media projects. They need talented writers/producers who are able to deliver slick, finished product in a short amount of time when called on -- tracks that will be added to the Library and become available to music directors worldwide. And if you’re someone who can turn a rough orchestral outline into a viable arrangement using East West or Vienna sound libraries, all the better. They pay production money per track + back-end royalties. They also get quite a few custom music projects for video games, commercials, theme songs, etc. They are also open to signing songs you already have recorded [as in the songs you’re submitting]. Broadcast quality needed [great-sounding home recordings are OK]. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include a BIO if you have one. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than April 11, 2006. TAXI # S060411OR

mani
Impressive
Impressive

Re: TAXI # S060411OR Listing Question

Post by mani » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:37 pm

I think a 60 second piece should be sufficient Nelson.

nelsonortiz

Post by nelsonortiz » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:40 pm

Thanks alot, Sometime You can't be really sure what to submit in the Film/Orchestral Genre. Length wise anyway.... Thanks ...

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:25 pm

Nelson,since they're really looking as much for talented composers as for actual specific pieces, a 1 min submission will be no problem as long as it shows your musical talent.

nelsonortiz

Post by nelsonortiz » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:54 pm

Right, I see what your saying... Thanks for your help