taxi to provide chart on submiss vs. forwards

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

8stringer

taxi to provide chart on submiss vs. forwards

Post by 8stringer » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:46 pm

I think a great service that Taxi could provide for all members is an online tracking system that tracks how many submissions you have made (and the cost of each of those and the total you have spent on submissions) vs. how many have been forwarded. This would be specific to every member. Sonicbids offers a new service called the EPK "hits tracker" -- it allows you to see how many people have viewed your EPK.Taxi should think about offering this as a service to its members -- at least the ones that have a Broadjam account. It would be easy to do and would provide a great way for users to "track" how much they have spent and what their "batting average" is, so to speak.

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: taxi to provide chart on submiss vs. forwards

Post by andreh » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:17 pm

Quote:I think a great service that Taxi could provide for all members is an online tracking system that tracks how many submissions you have made (and the cost of each of those and the total you have spent on submissions) vs. how many have been forwarded. This would be specific to every member. Sonicbids offers a new service called the EPK "hits tracker" -- it allows you to see how many people have viewed your EPK.Taxi should think about offering this as a service to its members -- at least the ones that have a Broadjam account. It would be easy to do and would provide a great way for users to "track" how much they have spent and what their "batting average" is, so to speak.Hi 8stringer-This information is already available on Broadjam. Just go to your Taxi account and click on "Previous Submissions." There you'll see a chronological list of submissions and whether they were forwarded or returned.Andre
The greatest risk in life is risking nothing.

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:22 pm

Quote:Quote:I think a great service that Taxi could provide for all members is an online tracking system that tracks how many submissions you have made (and the cost of each of those and the total you have spent on submissions) vs. how many have been forwarded. This would be specific to every member. Sonicbids offers a new service called the EPK "hits tracker" -- it allows you to see how many people have viewed your EPK.Taxi should think about offering this as a service to its members -- at least the ones that have a Broadjam account. It would be easy to do and would provide a great way for users to "track" how much they have spent and what their "batting average" is, so to speak.Hi 8stringer-This information is already available on Broadjam. Just go to your Taxi account and click on "Previous Submissions." There you'll see a chronological list of submissions and whether they were forwarded or returned.AndreAndre is absolutly right!It's all their in green and red.

zircon
Impressive
Impressive

Post by zircon » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:26 pm

Yeah. What would be more interesting though is to get an updated number on the rate of Submissions:Forwards:Deals. I know Taxi has numbers but I am sure they have changed since. I'll start.35 song submissions13 forwards3 pending0 deals

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:56 pm

zircon, I think there are big differences on single members and I find it more important what each of us is doing (..an improving) based on the critiques etc - but I find it anyway intersting;)so here's my rate:46 submissions25 forwards5 pending2 dealscheers,Martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:18 am

What an awesome idea, thanks for starting it, maybe some of you heavy weights will pitch in too except i'm quite embarrassed to show you how badly I interpret the listings67 submissions4 forwards1 pending0 deals YET, but expecting 100's soon. steveI do wish Broadjam allowed us to see how many times our songs were played, not as a result of being reviewed, or profile visits. And I'd love for Taxi to show us how many submissions each listing actually gets. You know... game stats!

arkjack
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by arkjack » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:55 am

I got y'all beat on the downside......82 submissions0 forwards8 pending.....what is a deal????The bright side is it can't get any worse..... unless my rants and posts rubbed the reviewers the wrong way and have blown any possible chance of a forward....I'm with steve on Taxi providing the game stats... it would be a helpful statistic....

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:59 am

Quote:Quote:I think a great service that Taxi could provide for all members is an online tracking system that tracks how many submissions you have made (and the cost of each of those and the total you have spent on submissions) vs. how many have been forwarded. This would be specific to every member. Sonicbids offers a new service called the EPK "hits tracker" -- it allows you to see how many people have viewed your EPK.Taxi should think about offering this as a service to its members -- at least the ones that have a Broadjam account. It would be easy to do and would provide a great way for users to "track" how much they have spent and what their "batting average" is, so to speak.Hi 8stringer-This information is already available on Broadjam. Just go to your Taxi account and click on "Previous Submissions." There you'll see a chronological list of submissions and whether they were forwarded or returned.AndreAndre already mentioned that the info is all there if you use broadjam electronic submissions, which I think most people do. Does anybody still make those old burritos anymore? Casey

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:55 pm

I may as well put my lovely stats up: 19 submissions, 1 foreward. I keep my own records, so I really don't care if anyone else does it or not.I am hoping to reverse my foreward ratio this year. I have learned a lot about interpreting the listings in the year I have been around and I have changed my main emphais from writing hit song hopefuls to doing instrumental music for library submissions. I still write songs and still hope to have a hit, but I need to prove myself in this new area. Haven't submitted anything for several months while I perfected the new game plan. But now I am ready to resume and we shall see.

grandmatarkin
Impressive
Impressive

Post by grandmatarkin » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:58 am

Ok, here's mine... I'm pretty happy with it. Been a member for maybe 15 months. (update... three more forwards! and my first forwards to a dispatch list too)92 Submissions40 Forwards8 Pending1 Deal ... pricelessDave*** I keep updating this... it's my own way of keeping track; slowly I'm climbing up to the 50% forward ratio!