TAXI Whore

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

wignelson
Impressive
Impressive

TAXI Whore

Post by wignelson » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:40 am

This song would never get by the screeners because it's over five minutes long. It won't fit in the cookie cutter here, but I thought you guys might like to hear it anyway.I always thought of a Dolly Parton voice for this, or perhaps Squids, but who am I fooling?My songs are a little out of the box for the most part.That's why I'm quitting TAXI. They never told me you can't be original.http://www.songramp.com/mod/mps/viewpri ... 54708“TAXI Whore”By Wig Nelson c.2008(First Verse)I saw your truck this mornin' –It was out at The HideawayStruck me as kinda’ curious cause -I know they’re closed todayI guess you had a good time –Weren’t in no shape to driveYou were just havin' funOut on the run - to prove you were still alive(Second Verse)I was wonderin’ if you missed me –And if you knew that I calledI’m not really sure if you’re over me –Or if you still care at allNow I don’t mean to crowd your lifestyle –Or work you up in a fightBut I thought you like to hear – after all of that beerThe way you got home last night(First Chorus)They saw you ridin’ with ‘at TAXI whoreI guess that you don’t need me anymoreSo go back to your social scene of the crimeWe all know what she does at closing time(Third Verse)I know I called you crazy –When you ended up in jailWith the young bucks from the rodeo –And none of you could make bailI paid for all your freedom –You didn’t have to sell your souls Now to my surprise – you get the no bell prizeCause you don’t know for whom the bell tolls(Second Chorus)When you go ridin’ with ‘at TAXI whoreEvery time you step behind her doorMy heartache has to take another hitBut that was then and now I'm . . . over it(Instrumental Break)(Third Chorus)You're ridin’ with ‘at TAXI whoreThought you were the one I was lookin' forBut now I see the company you keepWill end up causin’ me to losin’ sleep(Fourth Verse)I know that you are a good man -That’s always been easy to tellYou're always there to lean uponAnd hear a sad tale as wellI know that she's gonna' bring you downAnd I have to watch you fallIt brings tears to my eyes – when I realizeWhere you’re goin’ after last call(Fourth Chorus)Ridin' with ‘at TAXI whoreYour reputation's bound to hit the floorIf you stop and call me up insteadYou’ll never be too late to get me out of bed Wig

djb
Impressive
Impressive

Re: TAXI Whore

Post by djb » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:53 am

Hey Wig, This title sure will get some attention round here. I always enjoy your songs . Your voice is one of your strong points in my opinion. Real honest sound. Who needs Dolly for this song. I hear you on the "being original" thing. Ya get stuck in the singer/songwriter slot which seems to be the place where anything goes music wise but is one of the harder styles to get attention. Write what you know is what I say. Damn the torpedos.....

kurtkreimier
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by kurtkreimier » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:24 pm

Wig,I've always been a bigger fan of some of your instrumental work, especially the piano, guitar and flute stuff. Sorry to hear you are leaving Taxi but if I'm not mistaken you don't have to be a member to participate on these boards. In any case, best of luck to you.Kurt

jay10music
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jay10music » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:02 pm

"My songs are a little out of the box for the most part. That's why I'm quitting TAXI. They never told me you can't be original."Nice title Wig ;-) We publish our listings for all to see before they join so they can make an educated decision as to whether or not their music fits what the industry is asking us to find. Sorry it wasn't a good fit for you. Be well, good luck in all endeavors.ML

jwebbinspired
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jwebbinspired » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:16 pm

Gonna miss you around here Wig, sorry to see you going. Your stuff has always been very original and I respect that.I also like your vocal on this tune. You've written better tunes than this, but I'm not going to say I didn't enjoy this Andy

wignelson
Impressive
Impressive

Post by wignelson » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:12 pm

Apr 16, 2009, 5:02pm, TAXI wrote:"My songs are a little out of the box for the most part. That's why I'm quitting TAXI. They never told me you can't be original."Nice title Wig ;-) We publish our listings for all to see before they join so they can make an educated decision as to whether or not their music fits what the industry is asking us to find. Sorry it wasn't a good fit for you. Be well, good luck in all endeavors.MLI guess I'm not all that educated, ML. Does that mean that I'm not entitled to my refund?Wig

michael11
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by michael11 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:51 pm

When I read through this thread I thought it was a joke,especially when I got to the response by ML.I realise now it isn't!!! Sorry it didn't work out Wigs.It might be worth mentioning that the person I see getting the most deals is billg with his pal Wade and they are turning out very convincing covers,with the odd diversion into the comedy market. Michael.
All's Well That Ends Well

www.michaelgaughan.rocks

feaker
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by feaker » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:39 pm

WIGYou will be missed.I hung it up for a couple of months ago and really did miss this place.I rejoined and am glad I did. My stuff is unusual also and it might not ever go anywhere.That still doesn't take away from the learning, the friends, the interaction and the fun.Good luck to youPaul

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:00 am

Hi WigFirst, I completely understand that taxi isn't a fit for everyone and would never claim it is. It does depend on genre, style of music, commercial appeal in today's world, quality, etc. And I also understand that some folks do well outside of taxi. No biggie-- people should do what works for them.BUT, I'm really not getting this. In the lyrics to your song you purposely capitalized "taxi" as in the name of the company, so that it appears with "wh***" in the same phrase. That's a level of insult that seems over the line to me, especially when followed by your comment about the refund... What am I missing? I'm hard pressed to find any valid reason for this lyric on a public forum.So let me ask. Have you already asked for a refund and had issues getting it? I would hope you've done everything under the sun privately with them before this.BTW, I have heard other songs from you that I liked (not sure about the commercial market). This song really isn't very good in that it takes too long to get to the chorus which isn't a very strong one. Overall it ambles along without a good hook. That was honest feedback on the SONG.Casey

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by allends » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:57 am

Apr 16, 2009, 2:40pm, wignelson wrote:This song would never get by the screeners because it's over five minutes long. It won't fit in the cookie cutter here, but I thought you guys might like to hear it anyway.Hi Wig! I remember bouncing ideas back and forth with you on this song. I couldn't resist the urge to share my impressions with you because your title was so provocative in the context of the forum! Anyway, it was fun and I am glad to have gotten to know you this way. I count this experience as one of the many side benefits of being a TAXI member. WARNING: UNSOLICITED ADVICE! For what it's worth, I have several heart-felt original tunes on my page. People that I respect often tell me that some of my precious, unique songs really connect with them on a deep level. Words can't express how happy I feel when I learn that another human being understands and appreciates me so completely. But you know what... these songs aren't selling, because there isn't a market for my particular personal brand of heart-energy. So here's my 2-prong solution: Love-love-love, andWrite-write-write!By being open and free to experience love everywhere I can tune-in to the hearts of others, and by tuning-in to others I can write from the heart and connect with the needs of others in new and exciting ways. Limitless, boundless love opens doors to new avenues of expression, including commercially viable ones. <Yay!> It hasn't happened for me yet, but I know it will. All I have to do is keep at it.I'm a middle-aged man, but I'm just getting started. Never stop learning: That's my attitude. Allen