Temporary Crowded Space

Tell us about your studio and post some photos no matter how modest or robust it is!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

SonicGreenhouse
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Temporary Crowded Space

Post by SonicGreenhouse » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:31 pm

Hello all,

Here is my temp space as I work to remodel the upper part of my barn into a live room and a control room. After reading some of the posts here and seeing pics, I think I need to downsize. The trouble is when I sell gear I don't use, I buy more gear I don't use. LOL (I have actually improved dramatically in that area).
I use two MAC Pros. the first is operated my DAWS, and the second is an older one with a hacked upgrade that I use as a server for access to all the drives (internal and external) that hold sounds, samples, files, and other software.
My interface is a Presonus Studiolive 24R that also doubles as a live recording/mixing device. My hope is to upgrade to the Studiolive 32 S to incorporate the control surface feature along with wireless control; then use the 24 R as a stage box/live room box via CAT 5 cable.
I use Studio One Pro and Pro Tools, but 99% of my work is with Logic X.
I have the full East West and Native Instruments Libraries and a drive full of other software; Melodyne, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, etc. Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4 Pic 5
I also have an assortment of guitar preamps, but my go to is the Line 6 Helix. I use the Roland FA08 workstation for mostly for writing piano parts and the synths. I also store a large assortment of live gear and a couple of portable recording systems.
If you are ever in NY and are looking for gear...!

Thanks for looking!
Last edited by SonicGreenhouse on Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
...forgive me child if I do not know; where we came from or where we go. I always thought that I'd know more, but I've never been through this life before.

superkons
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Temporary Crowded Space

Post by superkons » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:45 pm

You need to look again at how you included your images into your original post, the markup is broken
Marco - Pianist, keyboardist, composer for film/TV/games/media

https://musicalwizardry.com
https://soundcloud.com/marcoiannello

SonicGreenhouse
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by SonicGreenhouse » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:33 am

Sorry, the links are working now.
Thanks!
...forgive me child if I do not know; where we came from or where we go. I always thought that I'd know more, but I've never been through this life before.

shalashaska888
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by shalashaska888 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:33 am

That is a lot of rack gear you have. What features do you find Studio One and Pro Tools have that Logic doesn't? Just curious because Logic is the only DAW I've been using for the past 8-9 years, so I'm not super familiar with any others.

superkons
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by superkons » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:30 pm

SonicGreenhouse wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:33 am
Sorry, the links are working now.
Thanks!
Thanks for sorting the links, your studio looks absolutely lovely!
Marco - Pianist, keyboardist, composer for film/TV/games/media

https://musicalwizardry.com
https://soundcloud.com/marcoiannello

SonicGreenhouse
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by SonicGreenhouse » Thu May 07, 2020 2:07 pm

That is a lot of rack gear you have. What features do you find Studio One and Pro Tools have that Logic doesn't? Just curious because Logic is the only DAW I've been using for the past 8-9 years, so I'm not super familiar with any others/quote]

These DAWS are all very similar in what they offer. I find that Protools tends to be a bit easier to edit audio with and seems to have a bit more overall headroom, but these are my observations only.
I use Logic X almost exclusively. For the price and what's included, (cheaper than one year of Protools) and all round versatility, you can't go wrong. (plus no iLock dongle to keep track of) I find that Logic has a much more comprehensive assortment of on board effects and instruments than the other two combined and Midi editing features are top notch.
I hope this helps to some degree.
Again these are only my opinions and observations.
Thanks!