Terrible News - Honky Tonkin To Play On USA Radio

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

stuartleggat1
Active
Active

Re: Terrible News - Honky Tonkin To Play On USA Ra

Post by stuartleggat1 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:35 am

Matto Said: "Thanks for your concern about my well-being; you'll be happy to know the last country station in LA just shuttered it's doors, so I'm safe either way..."Hi Matto,Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah - Brill answer, nearly made me wet ma pants.Best, Stu

toncart
Impressive
Impressive

Post by toncart » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:07 pm

Good luck man. I'm in the same boat as you and quite frankly feel the same way you do about several issues. TAXI seems to be looking for the #1 hit of the decade while I would just like a few A&R people to give my music a whirl. Regardless, many of these guys on here offer good advice although they seem to be extremely "pro" TAXI. Keep doing your own legwork. Nobody is going to push your music like you.

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by andreh » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:20 pm

Quote:Good luck man. I'm in the same boat as you and quite frankly feel the same way you do about several issues. TAXI seems to be looking for the #1 hit of the decade while I would just like a few A&R people to give my music a whirl. Regardless, many of these guys on here offer good advice although they seem to be extremely "pro" TAXI. Keep doing your own legwork. Nobody is going to push your music like you. A&R people are looking for the #1 hit of the decade...A&R people are Taxi's clients...ergo Taxi is looking for the #1 hit of the decade.Many of us on Taxi would just like a few A&R poeple to give our music a whirl...A&R people are Taxi's clients...ergo we are "pro" Taxi.Nonetheless, I agree about doing your own legwork.Andre
The greatest risk in life is risking nothing.

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:40 pm

Quote:Nonetheless, I agree about doing your own legwork.(Dave jumping up and down to make a point) Yes, you HAVE to do your own legwork IN ADDITION TO anything else that you might do (Taxi, SongLink, etc). Any "plan" that only involves one thing isn't much of a plan. Doing your own legwork IN ADDITION TO getting involved with third-party opportunities that do additional legwork on your behalf covers all the bases. DavePS - I'm "pro" anything that works for me.

stuartleggat1
Active
Active

Post by stuartleggat1 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:41 am

Dave wrote:"Doing your own legwork IN ADDITION TO getting involved with third-party opportunities that do additional legwork on your behalf covers all the bases."Hi Dave/All...quite simply; perfect advice.Best, Stuart

toncart
Impressive
Impressive

Post by toncart » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:09 am

"PS - I'm "pro" anything that works for me."Me too. And, I still believe that TAXI is ONLY looking for the #1 hit of the decade in country music and pass on many great songs in the process. Now, that may not be only TAXI's fault though. If the A&R people for the country music industry post their listings with such high standards, then I guess TAXI doesn't have much of a choice or they may loose those listings. I say go out on a limb every once an awhile. I think it's getting cliche to say cliche. : ) Most importantly, everyone should explore every possible opportunity.

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:20 am

Quote:And, I still believe that TAXI is ONLY looking for the #1 hit of the decade in country music and pass on many great songs in the process. You're beating a dead horse. Record companies/artists want #1 hits with or without Taxi because they don't have to settle for anything less. Like sports, heads roll and jobs are lost in the record industry when you're only #2. Really... get over it. Not true for music library listings or any listing that is looking to place a song in the film/television realm or something similar. There are many, many opportunities in that realm with or without Taxi's help. Personally I think that you'd have good success in that area. Why not continue to strive for that #1 thing while submitting music for film/television. Best of both worlds. Dave

toncart
Impressive
Impressive

Post by toncart » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:08 am

Come on Dave...I have all the respect in the world for you, but if I said that TAXI ate a dog turd, you and a few others would defend TAXI's reason to do so. Let me hear what is being forwarded in the country music listings. I want to know what to strive for. If anyone on this thread has ever had a country listing forwarded, I would be honored to have a listen. Please send a link.

bc
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bc » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:39 am

http://paintriver.com/allprpwebmp3/Turn ... dio.mp3The above song was forwarded to a major Nashville producer. It was for an up tempo contemporary country listing for a killer vocal group. Admittedly I haven't had as many "high bar" forwards as I'd like; but that's about to change! best,bc

toncart
Impressive
Impressive

Post by toncart » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:50 am

bc. When my attitude changes to be more like yours, I'm sure that I will find more success as well. Right now it's a work in progress.