Testing... testing...

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

paulallen

Testing... testing...

Post by paulallen » Thu May 17, 2007 8:53 am

Hello, people! First time at this, so I'll do an experimental posting and see if I can figure out how to put a song here so orher people can listen to it! Okay, I put the text in... now, HOW do I put one of my songs here??(Why can't I seem to find anyplace that says how to do this? Seems like an oversight to me!)Any pointers from anybody would be humongeously welcome!!!

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Testing... testing...

Post by sgs4u » Thu May 17, 2007 9:01 am

Quote:Hello, people! First time at this, so I'll do an experimental posting and see if I can figure out how to put a song here so orher people can listen to it! Okay, I put the text in... now, HOW do I put one of my songs here??(Why can't I seem to find anyplace that says how to do this? Seems like an oversight to me!)Any pointers from anybody would be humongeously welcome!!!you have to have your song on a website somewhere, and post a link to it, like clicking on my signature link at the bottom of this post. Other members are much better at this than i am tho.

paulallen

Post by paulallen » Thu May 17, 2007 9:10 am

Dear Steve, thanks for answering! For a few seconds there I felt like I was lost in the desert!!Gee, I already have a few songs uploaded on Taxi, so I can send 'em to listings... you means I can't access (or link to) the songs I already have in Taxi?! That sure seems strange to me... I hope I get more pointers from others... If that's the case, Maybe I'll have to figure out how to use one of them "Myspace" places (which I'm totally clueless about....) Thanks again!!

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Thu May 17, 2007 9:15 am

Quote:Dear Steve, thanks for answering! For a few seconds there I felt like I was lost in the desert!!Gee, I already have a few songs uploaded on Taxi, so I can send 'em to listings... you means I can't access (or link to) the songs I already have in Taxi?! That sure seems strange to me... I hope I get more pointers from others... If that's the case, Maybe I'll have to figure out how to use one of them "Myspace" places (which I'm totally clueless about....) Thanks again!!i haven't started my taxi site yet, but if you do a couple of searches on this subject, there are a few people that figured it out.

paulallen

Post by paulallen » Thu May 17, 2007 9:22 am

Gee, I sure hope I hear from other people who know how to do this... i also sent an e-mail to Ms Jimi the moderator asking exactly how to do this, mailed her a few days ago, but yet no reply... I guess that means people are very busy around here!!

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Thu May 17, 2007 9:32 am

Quote:Gee, I sure hope I hear from other people who know how to do this... i also sent an e-mail to Ms Jimi the moderator asking exactly how to do this, mailed her a few days ago, but yet no reply... I guess that means people are very busy around here!!Do a search, you'll find it. If people are busy (me & Jimi too) it's not about you.

paulallen

Post by paulallen » Thu May 17, 2007 9:33 am

Oh, I see what you mean about your site at Broadjam... that looks so cool! I clicked on one of your songs to hear it, and I got this message saying I have to download the Flash Player... So, I'm waiting for something to happen from this Adobe site (I guess its downloading whatever it needs to download...) but, yes, something like this broadjam site is what I need... how much does it cost??

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Thu May 17, 2007 9:47 am

Quote:Oh, I see what you mean about your site at Broadjam... that looks so cool! I clicked on one of your songs to hear it, and I got this message saying I have to download the Flash Player... So, I'm waiting for something to happen from this Adobe site (I guess its downloading whatever it needs to download...) but, yes, something like this broadjam site is what I need... how much does it cost??Paul buddy, look around the site, you'll find what you need. YOU have to learn the stuff.Mine was $50 a year, but if you only want a site to submit to Taxi listings, their's is free. Maybe spend more time learning, before you start spending.

paulallen

Post by paulallen » Thu May 17, 2007 9:47 am

Progress Report: Well, it seems the browser I'm using (Netscape 7.0) just ain't cuttin' it... Seems like Flash Player wants nothing to do with Netscape 7.0... Allow me to log off and re-log using Internet Explorer.... Thanks, Steve, and g'bye everybody...

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jeffe » Thu May 17, 2007 11:48 am

Like an eager child with a new toy eh Don't worry. We'll knock the enthusiasm out of you Hope you get it working soon. Patience is a virtue.
It's been said that I have Murderous eyes.