Thank you, thank you, thank you

From the desk of Michael Laskow.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

LesSampou
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Thank you, thank you, thank you

Post by LesSampou » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:07 pm

Thank you Casey for saying what we are all thinking. It was my first rally and I signed up for another year of taxi, just to go to the next one:) And yes, it is life=changing. At least career changing. I'm making a five year plan (are there any templates:) for that or discussions on the forum? I used to do five year plans a lot in my performance career. Time to start it up again.

Anyhow, Thank you Michael and Staff for a fabulous convention.
Les

Paulie
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Paulie » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:31 pm

Much agreeance. :)

I would also like to chime in to the kudos parade. As an IT engineer Ive been to dozens of conventions of all sizes over the past 25 years or so as an attendee and presenter. I can honestly say that from an attendee perspective the Taxi Road Rally was the most informative and well organized that I have attended. My entire weekend was full of useful classes, big room sessions, networking and evening events. Often conferences have a big showroom floor full of vendors and a variety of breakout sessions, followed by drunken debauchery. ;-) I found myself mentally occupied and learning from the moment I hit the first floor until when I wen to bed at a far too indecent hour. And, the networking at the bar is far more than just a hang to meet people. It is a true movers/shakers hang where business gets done.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself and wish I could quit my day job to do this full time. But, I like paying my bills so for the time being I'll continue to multitask and sleep very little.

Remember, only 360 days until the next rally! :mrgreen: :lol:
Paul "yo paulie!" Croteau
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." Beethoven
http://www.yopauliemusic.com | https://www.taxi.com/members/paulcroteau | https://youtube.com/@yopauliemusic

nick.moxsom
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nick.moxsom » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:48 pm

Yep, a great Road Rally again. Many thanks to all involved for their earnestness and passion.

Nick

ronnie35
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ronnie35 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:57 pm

Without a doubt a life changer Excellent jobto Michael and his super staff
Ron :D
Chopin: "Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art." http://www.ronschultz.org

denalihighway
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by denalihighway » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:42 am

I'll chime in on this thread so...

Another belter of a Rally. Great to see me old mates and make SO MANY new ones. There's just never enough time to talk enough with all you lovely people. But I did try! And if I seemed overwhelmed and at sea at any point...its because I was overwhelmed and at sea :) . All that constant interaction and stimulation is tough going...but yet the people are so cool, and you realise it might be a year till you see em again, so you don't want to miss a second.

Saw some wonderful classes - Jason Brauner was an absolute stand-out for me. Brilliant stuff.

Thank you Michael, and all the Taxi staff, for their organisation and good humour.

Memories and people are way too many to mention - I'll just say it was absolutely great to see you all! You're an inspirational group of people.

Cya out there
Gar

BillPerry
Active
Active

Post by BillPerry » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:32 am

Michael and staff run the whole show so well . . . . once again a Rally that was (for me) incredible and transforming. So glad to meet old friends, make new ones, and attend classes where you actually learn something practical and useful. Thank you!

deflint

Post by deflint » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:01 pm

2nd Rally for me, 1st as a Taxi member.
Thanks so much to the entire Taxi staff for putting on an incredible Road Rally.
Now to apply some of the many things I learned while attending!
THANKS AGAIN!
Doug Flint
Instruments: Bass, Guitar, Vocals

https://soundcloud.com/dougflintmusic/

remmet
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by remmet » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:58 am

I'll add my own heartfelt thanks and appreciation to Michael and the entire Taxi staff for an incredible Rally. In terms of organization, generosity of spirit, inspiration, and overall value, you simply don't see anything like this - at such a high level - out in the world at large. This was my 7th Rally, and I came away with the realization that the potentially life-changing high points of the event often appear very unexpectedly and in surprising ways!

Many many thanks again to ML and company for a fantastic Rally.

Richard

LisaK
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by LisaK » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:24 am

The only regret I had was not being able to take a picture with Michael.... He walks really fast lol

Being my first road rally it was the first time I was seeing him in person and although I know he is a really nice guy I didn't realize quite how deep his passions go with regard to furthering the interests of Taxi members. It was really heartwarming to see that.

Lisa

dvl

Post by dvl » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:58 pm

You won't get an argument out of me.

This Rally was a lot of fun! Also, very helpful.

Thanks much Michael and family!
Dave Lesberg