Thanks for joining us at the Rally...

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Thanks for joining us at the Rally...

Post by tedsingingfox » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:07 am

Wow. Thank you, Michael and the entire TAXI staff. As always, a great time for friends and information. It will never cease to amaze me how y'all can pull this off year after year. 51 weeks and counting 'til we can do it all over again.

Ted
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:55 pm

Thanks for all the kind words guys and gals. :D We really enjoy putting it on. So many people asked me how I was holding up... truthfully, once we got to the hotel, it's much easier than the planning and prep work. The six weeks leading up to the Rally are INTENSE around the office!

Seeing how much all of you get out of it gives us the energy we need to do it again the next year. We're already brainstorming what we can do for NEXT year so it will be even better. One thing we're going to do is move Rob Chiarelli's class to the main stage. I heard he and Ron Harris laid down a track, took some member contributions, then added a rap from Snoop Dog (at least I THINK I heard that!), and finished the song. We think that would be great in the main ballroom.

Did you guys like the new registration line solution -- wrapping everybody into the room on the side so we didn't have to have hundreds of people standing in the garage?

Sorry my throat was on fire at the end, and I didn't get to speak to more of you. But I DID get to shake more hands than ever before. I am blown away by how far so many of you come from to be there. We're REALLY grateful that you trust us enough to know that we'll live up to our promise and make it worth your while. THAT is always our #1 priority!

I haven't taken a day off yet, but Craig and I and our lead programmer Ryan are going go kart racing tonight to blow off some steam. Danger Will Robinson, DANGER!

Thanks again for coming. 51 weeks until the next Rally! Woot!!

Best,
Michael

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:57 pm

Also.... I want to thank all of you who volunteered this year. The best volunteers EVER! And thanks to all of you who taught classes. Your expertise is VERY much appreciated. :D

ML

bete
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bete » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:48 pm

I just got home late last night and just got on to the Forum now. I agree with all the previous posts, thanking Michael, the staff, and all the participants. It was a great rally!

Michael, in the future, please don't be afraid to ask for Reiki for sore throats, as well as aching back and shoulders. I'm greatful for any chance to give something to you.

Bette

bete
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bete » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:14 pm

Oh yes Michael, I forgot to mention that I was very impressed with the new way you handled the registration line. That was so much better than having singers standing for hours in the garage.
It took me a while to figure out where everyone was, but once I did, it was easy to go around the tables to see friends all up and down the line. It appeared to work very well.

kurtkreimier
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by kurtkreimier » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:31 pm

Hello Michael. The Rally was great again this year! You all do such a fantastic job pulling all of this together and my thanks go out to you and your entire staff. I think this was my 7th in 8 years and they just keep getting better and better.

hazineju
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by hazineju » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:59 am

admin wrote: Did you guys like the new registration line solution -- wrapping everybody into the room on the side so we didn't have to have hundreds of people standing in the garage?
I did indeed!
peeyo wrote: I would have to say that Michael is one of the coolest people I have ever had the pleasure to meet. In that he is the president of this music industry business, and yet he talks to and treats everyone like they are an old friend.
Paul
Totally!
suzdoyle wrote:I echo the wonderfuly-articulated sentiments here. The Taxi Rally is a major yearly Yum-fest for me!

In my opinion, Taxi models the best way to run a business -- grounding it in love, integrity, education, and authentic community.

Suz
Totally!

The only annoying thing is reading down this thread and seeing that I still managed to miss meeting a lot of fellow forumers that I haven't met in person yet! Another reason to start looking forward to next year :D

djbobm
Impressive
Impressive

Post by djbobm » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:39 pm

Thanks Michael and the Taxi staff for another wonderful Road Rally, my fourth.

The new registration line seemed to work well.

All the classes were excellent but Rob Chiarelli and Ron Harris’s classes were among the best I’ve been to. At the second class this year, they created a groove in the style of a recent hit song and then asked Taxi members to come up with a hook on the spot. At least 15 singers got up and gave us their best shot. They were all fantastic. It came down to three finalists who I guess will all somehow work with Rob and Ron, but one young man really nailed it. Rob and Ron will complete the song and then shop it. Just to see two top pros working their craft and then inviting unknowns to work with them was truly thrilling.

See you next year.

Bob

davidhayesmusic
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by davidhayesmusic » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:03 pm

Yes what an awesome Rally.
This was my second and there was so much great info and networking going on.
Thanks to all the members that took the time to answer my questions.
Also thanks to all the Taxi people for all the hard work it must take to put this thing on.
Must get back to writing now.
See you next year,

Dave
8-)

Brian Curtin

Post by Brian Curtin » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:40 pm

Michael,

Just a quick note of appreciation…

Thanks to you and the TAXI staff for doing such a fantastic job on putting together this year’s Road Rally. The wealth of information provided as well as the spirit of camaraderie one experiences truly makes the rally a unique event.

It’s amazing who you can meet just hanging out in the hallways… there are opportunities everywhere and it’s so easy to develop new music industry contacts. I’m still going through all my notes and business cards I collected.

It was great seeing familiar faces and making new friends with people from all over the world - some of whose names and faces I recognized from the TAXI forums.

I could go on and on….

Heartfelt thanks to you and the TAXI staff!

Brian Curtin