Thanks for joining us at the Rally...

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

admin
Site Admin

Thanks for joining us at the Rally...

Post by admin » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:04 pm

Hi All,

Just a quick note to say how great it was to see so many of you at this year's Road Rally. I know I must sound like a broken record (no pun intended), but seeing old faces and friends, and meeting so many new ones really energizes the staff, the screeners and me. I think it was expressed best by A&R team member Kevin Houlihan on Friday night when he told me, "This is incredible. I'm so energized! I can't wait to get back to work next week."

In our hyper-connected world, it's easy to think that Facebook is "social networking." It might be, but it's certainly no replacement for meeting people in PERSON and spending the weekend with a couple thousand incredibly hard-working, like-minded musicians from all over the world.

So many of you come up to us over the course of the weekend to tell us how much you're getting out of the Rally, and we truly appreciate it. But I've got to tell you that WE get a lot out of it too. :D

Thank you for coming!

Talk to you soon,
Michael

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Thanks for joining us at the Rally...

Post by Casey H » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:25 pm

And thank YOU once again for all you and your staff (including Duke) do to make this possible!

Just got home (East Coast), exhausted but smiling... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

8-) Casey

DarinBad

Post by DarinBad » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:44 pm

I really hope to be able to make it over there next year. Sounds like a great way to spend a weekend, and I'm only one state away. :)

kclements
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by kclements » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:11 pm

Let me add my thanks to the countless hours you and your staff put into one of the greatest events of my year. Many around here say it is life changing, and I agree 100 percent.

Thanks for a great weekend! See you next year.

Cheers -
kc
kayle clements

When opportunity knocks, you better be dressed and ready to go!

clementunes.com | taxi | soundcloud

T&V Marino
Impressive
Impressive

Post by T&V Marino » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:13 pm

Thanks, Michael! It was a lot of fun seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

And thanks to all of the TAXI Staff who did an amazing job. We don't know how you do it!

But the biggest thanks of all goes to Craig's dog, Duke. We won Ralph Murphy's book because of him. :lol:

See you next year!

~ Tracey & Vance Marino
It's who you know -- and who knows you!
http://www.SongMakerPro.com

jameskand

Post by jameskand » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:12 pm

THANKS FOR THE HARD WORK ! This was my first rally, and is every bit as wonderful as has been described countless times. Excellent job. Just returned home, but tomorrow I intend to drop a note to the Westin also. Everyone involved did such an amazing job. I miss it already. (besides, when else do you have the opportunity to play sax and piano at the hotel lobby surrounded by great vocalists and musicians three days in a row until 5am. ). Classes, panels, connection and accommodations were all top notch. Thank you, Thank You, Thank You. Now it's nap time.
Last edited by jameskand on Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:10 am

Somehow I came back with a cold and a bit of a sinus infection. But... TOTALLY WORTH IT!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

As always, an awesome event. 8-) Thanks Taxi!

shellsings
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by shellsings » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:00 am

HI Michael et al

It was great! met so many new people, made new friends, met old friends and came away more jazzed then ever.
Its a great event!! Thanks so much!

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by mazz » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:04 am

Michael,

As always, the Rally was a tremendous experience for me. I completely agree that the "face time" with colleagues, new and old friends and obviously with industry pros is invaluable. Facebook is cool, but there's so much communicated in body language and voice inflection that typing can't convey, which makes events like the Rally even more valuable in this business.

I've been to several other music business events and in my experience the Rally is the only one with this magnitude of feeling of warmth, camaraderie and generosity. This comes across not only from the attendees (at least the ones I've interacted with) but the panelists and the mentors.

Since the atmosphere of any organization and event all starts at the top, this is a testament to the dedication you and your staff put into everything you do. I know it can be gruelling to put the Rally together, but it sounds like the folks that put it together are getting great feedback from the attendees, which must be gratifying.

Thanks again to you, Michael and to Craig, Cathy and all the rest for yet another inspiring and motivating Rally. I've started calling it my yearly group therapy session because it's a huge dose of reality that feeds me for months on end.

Love and Blessings,

Mazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

shellsings
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by shellsings » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:22 am

davewalton wrote:Somehow I came back with a cold and a bit of a sinus infection. But... TOTALLY WORTH IT!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

As always, an awesome event. 8-) Thanks Taxi!

Yeah, I got something too- I think there was something in the hotel.air .. other than the noise of us singing in the lobby..