The 22 hour Dispatch Challenge

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

The 22 hour Dispatch Challenge

Post by aubreyz » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:34 pm

So... we're gonna try something crazy. Couldn't start on this until a little while ago-- so from writing the first note-word to the final mix we have less than 22 hours. Anybody wanna start a little forum pool? I think it's a little insane to even attempt, but that's why I know how to solve a rubik's cube Hard to pass up a good challenge. Taking a brain break right now and thought I'd post - here's the listing:Quote:New Listing The Director of an Independent Film about teenage bank robbers needs a MODERN ROCK SONG (with vocals) a la “I WILL SURVIVE” by CAKE (from their 1996 release “Fashion Nugget”). He needs a song with a similar tempo and general lyrical theme of “surviving,” but also with a bit of subversiveness thrown in. This song will be used for a montage sequence in the film showing the bank robbers preparing themselves for their heist. Male or female vocals are OK. They are offering a license fee of about $500 - $1500 for this song cue. PLEASE NOTE THE QUICK DEADLINE DATE/TIME. Broadcast quality needed [excellent home recordings are OK]. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS ONLY - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI. For ground submissions, please enclose a S.A.S.E. if you would like a response. As always, we will notify everyone via e-mail, whether your submissions have been Forwarded or Returned. Submissions must be received no later than 12:00 NOON, Pacific Standard Time (California time), Friday, Aug. 31, 2007. TAXI # D070831CK

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: The 22 hour Dispatch Challenge

Post by hummingbird » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:03 pm

Quote:So... we're gonna try something crazy. Couldn't start on this until a little while ago-- so from writing the first note-word to the final mix we have less than 22 hours. Anybody wanna start a little forum pool? I think it's a little insane to even attempt, but that's why I know how to solve a rubik's cube Hard to pass up a good challenge. Taking a brain break right now and thought I'd post - here's the listing:Quote:New Listing The Director of an Independent Film about teenage bank robbers needs a MODERN ROCK SONG (with vocals) a la “I WILL SURVIVE” by CAKE (from their 1996 release “Fashion Nugget”). He needs a song with a similar tempo and general lyrical theme of “surviving,” but also with a bit of subversiveness thrown in. This song will be used for a montage sequence in the film showing the bank robbers preparing themselves for their heist. Male or female vocals are OK. They are offering a license fee of about $500 - $1500 for this song cue. PLEASE NOTE THE QUICK DEADLINE DATE/TIME. Broadcast quality needed [excellent home recordings are OK]. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS ONLY - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI. For ground submissions, please enclose a S.A.S.E. if you would like a response. As always, we will notify everyone via e-mail, whether your submissions have been Forwarded or Returned. Submissions must be received no later than 12:00 NOON, Pacific Standard Time (California time), Friday, Aug. 31, 2007. TAXI # D070831CKIf I could do Rock I'd be in there like a dirty shirt. But, since I can't (and I don't think they want a capella), I'll cheer you on from the sidelines.Go for it!!!
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

squidlips
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by squidlips » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:10 pm

Aub, hahahahah!! I submitted something to that listing. I'm headed straight for a rejection, I'm sure, but I had it available and it almost fit and who knows anyway? There's no way I could come up with something in 22 hours. Bring it ON! Let's hear it when you're done, k?Don't be goin' and gettin' brain damage, now.

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aubreyz » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:48 pm

zzzz... I'm sleepy. Drums, bass and guitars are done... no time to bounce it yet though

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aubreyz » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:27 pm

update/// lost 2 hard drives -- had to redo a bunch of stuff-- wouldn't you know it -- just back to where I last posted uuuggggghhh - just starting vocals and finishing lyrics - 12 hours to go

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aubreyz » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:06 pm

final lyrics - rearranged the choruses -- starting final vocals --- coffee, much coffee...

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aubreyz » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:40 am

Daylight and Background vocals... what a combo

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aubreyz » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:33 am

First Master bouncing now... I'll post it soon

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aubreyz » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:46 am

Well - here's the first master. I'm going to get away from it for a while and get a few hours sleep. No matter what the outcome of the listing--- this was fun-- in a morbid, painful kind of way.Krazy KamikazeThey say play it safeBut I am sick of what they saidThere’s too much mediocrityStaring me in the faceAnd why should I be scaredIt's a ghost of chanceThis haunting insecurityWon’t get me anywhereDon’t tell me, Don’t tell me what I'm supposed to doI’m wearing,I’m wearing a brand new attitudeGonna walk on the edgeYou better run for your lifeGonna take what I wantIt’s time to let it flyI’m a Krazy KamikazeDon’t get in the way of my skyI'm loaded like a gunSo don't make some hollow pointI aim to make some historyBefore I come undoneThis Superman disguiseFits me better than I thoughtWhoever I was yesterdayWas taken by surpriseI'm not lost, I'm not lost like some prodigalI found out, I found out how to have it allGonna walk on the edgeYou better run for your lifeGonna take what I wantIt’s time to let it flyI’m a Krazy KamikazeDon’t get in the way of my skyI’m a Krazy KamikazeDon’t get in the way of my skyI’m a Krazy KamikazeDon’t get in the wayI’m a Krazy KamikazeDon’t get in the way of my sky

kg
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by kg » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:10 am

Quote:I'm loaded like a gunSo don't make some hollow pointI aim to make some historyBefore I come undoneThis Superman disguiseFits me better than I thoughtWhoever I was yesterdayWas taken by surpriseNice. I like the groove...definietly has the Cake feel. Chorus vocl delivery reminds me of Chili Peppers a bit.