The 7 Habits of Successful Media Composers On This Week’s TAXI TV With Six-Figure Composer, Stephen Baird

Hang with your friends from the TAXI TV Chat Room and discuss the episodes

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

TAXIstaff
Impressive
Impressive

The 7 Habits of Successful Media Composers On This Week’s TAXI TV With Six-Figure Composer, Stephen Baird

Post by TAXIstaff » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:13 am

Click the link below to watch Monday at 4 pm Pacific time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvcHSvKyJiI

7pm Eastern (EDT) / 6pm Central (CDT) / 4pm Pacific (PDT) 11pm London (GMT) / 10am Sydney (AEDT)

Dear Songwriters, Artists, and Especially Composers,

I could tell Stephen Baird was going to be successful when I first met him at a TAXI Road Rally more than a dozen years ago. He was immediately likable, willing to work hard, and he was wearing a bright green T-shirt that read, “CARRIES NO CA$H.”

He came to the Rally, asked the right questions, saw what his path needed to be, and then he got busy. VERY busy!

No job was too big or small. No work day was too long.

Stephen became a Six-Figure Composer faster than most because he worked harder than most! His music is in a ton of catalogs, and I have little doubt that it’s heard on TV every day of the year. Probably, all over the world!

Here’s another reason I like Stephen so much – he’s a class act. While the majority of TAXI members who land deals and placements often forget to tell us when our work helps them get a deal or a placement, Steve Baird takes the time to write letters like this…

Hey Michael,

I joined TAXI in September of 2007 with nothing more than Reason 2.5 and an old Roland keyboard from the 1980's. Until joining TAXI, I knew nothing about the Film/TV/Advertising market. Actually, I was quite the newbie.

Now, nearly 5 years later, I'm in my second year of making a full-time living writing for TV shows, commercials, promos, and movie trailers. Nearly every penny I have made can be traced back to TAXI. Either directly through a forward, or indirectly through people I have met at the Road Rally or on the TAXI forum.

I'm really quite ecstatic with the way things have turned out. Not only am I making as much or more money than most of my friends, but I'm doing so via a career that I have dreamed about since I was a child.

If it wasn't for TAXI, I wouldn't have a music career. I can't even imagine what my life would be like right now.

So, I'd just like to thank you for offering such a great service to aspiring musicians, composers, artists, and bands. Not just for the opportunities offered through the listings, but for creating such a great environment for musicians to learn and grow.

You've definitely changed my life, and for that, I am forever grateful.

-Steve

I think that letter is a great example of one of the 7 Habits of Successful Composers: expressing gratitude to those who have helped you on the way up. I have never forgotten how that letter made me feel when I first read it.

But, expressing gratitude is just one of the 7 habits, and I’m going to ask Steve to let you know what the other 6 habits are on this week’s TAXI TV. There’s a lot to be learned from this young man, and you’ll only be cheating yourself by forgetting to watch the live show on Monday at 4pm (PDT).

Click the link below to watch Monday at 4 pm Pacific time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvcHSvKyJiI

To Join the Live Chat During the Broadcast…

You’ll need to be signed up to YouTube (FREE) and be logged in to be able to join in on the chat during the show. Go to youtube.com and click the "Sign In" link in the upper right-hand corner of the page and fill out the short form to join. If you have a Gmail account, you’ll be able to associate your YouTube account with it!

7pm Eastern (EDT) / 6pm Central (CDT) / 4pm Pacific (PDT) 11pm London (GMT) / 10am Sydney (AEDT)

See you on the show,

Michael

P.S. If you'd like to hear some of Stephen's music, click here: https://www.904-music.com/music.htm

crashgates
Impressive
Impressive

Post by crashgates » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:42 am

Last edited by crashgates on Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:26 pm, edited 6 times in total.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: The 7 Habits of Successful Media Composers On This Week’s TAXI TV With Six-Figure Composer, Stephen Baird

Post by cosmicdolphin » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:14 am

crashgates wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:42 am
please don't forget to mention at least one or two of the 7 habits of the successful tortus too :roll:
1. Spelling

crashgates
Impressive
Impressive

Post by crashgates » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:27 am

Last edited by crashgates on Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: The 7 Habits of Successful Media Composers On This Week’s TAXI TV With Six-Figure Composer, Stephen Baird

Post by cosmicdolphin » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:54 am

crashgates wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:27 am
cosmicdolphin wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:14 am
1. Spelling

to repeat an old over used post heading

Olny srmat poelpe can raed tihs
ti t'nsi neht nosrep a ton m'I boj doog a s'tI