The Basics

Before you rant, READ THIS!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

admin
Site Admin

The Basics

Post by admin » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:10 am

Question:Why are there more listings in some categories than in others?Answer:The number of listings reflects the relative popularity of that genre of music. Moreover, it's what the labels, etc are asking of us at the particular time.Question:Can I make more than one submission for a listing?Answer:Yep. Each song should be on its own CD, and have its own submission form wrapped around it.Question:Can I send CD's for several of my submissions in one large package?Answer: Yep. Just make sure that each submission has its own submission form wrapped around it. Question:Why does TAXI charge a $5 per song submission fee?Answer:Here at TAXI, we call it the " Discouragement Fee ". It keeps people from sending every song they have for every listing we have. Just a rule of thumb, keep your submissions well-focused, it works better that way for everyone.Question:Ok, so why does TAXI charge for a submission that isn’t pre-screened?Answer: The submission fee isn’t a screening fee. As stated above, it's to keep the submissions focused and on target for the listing.Question:Can I submit the same material once it's been rejected?Answer:Yes you can. Your submission may have not been forwarded for one listing because it wasn’t exactly what the listing was asking for, but it may be perfect for another listing.Question:How long will it take to hear if my material was forwarded?Answer:Usually 2-4 weeks AFTER the listing cut-off date.Question:How long will it take before I hear something from a company that my material was forwarded to?Answer:This is important. Write this down. WE send the music to the company who made the listing. THEY decide if they like it enough to contact you. YOUR job is to make great material and submit to listings that it best suits. OUR job is to screen that material and decide if it is on target for what they are asking and forward it to the company. THEIR job is to decide if they want to use it or want to hear more from you. Question:How do you forward online submissions? Do you send MP3's?Answer:We will burn your songs on a CD and send that to the listing company. We also print out copies of your lyrics and photos.Question:Is MP3 sound quality good enough?Answer:Yes it is. Even TV and Film supervisors who request "Master Quality" material are accustomed to hearing demos in MP3 format.

Volcanology
Active
Active

Re: The Basics

Post by Volcanology » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:00 pm

"""""""