The General Dilemma?

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: The General Dilemma?

Post by Casey H » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:18 pm

Picardster wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:58 am
Paulie wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:22 am
I don't think increasing membership numbers has any impact on forwards, other than increasing the workload of Taxi's screeners.
I don't doubt the increasing workload, but I doubt the not decreasing chances- but nobody knows ;-)
What makes you think the membership is so much bigger than it was 1, 2, 4, 5 years ago? Taxi has had a consistent large membership for a VERY long time. Keep in mind that there is turnover as well. The notion that more members, more submissions, etc. decrease your chances has been addressed and debunked by Michael Laskow many times. The factors that affect your chances are the listing, the "bar" for the listing, and how well your track matches what was asked for. People should stop focusing on all the other "noise". Is it a perfect system? Of course not. I'm no different than anyone else and have had some head scratchers. If, after you calm down a while after a return, and get some opinions from peers, you still feel strongly that you disagree, drop an email to headscreener AT taxi dot com about it. I suggest you don't abuse this however, you don't want to bug them about every return you are upset about-- just when you really feel something was way off. In most cases, your return will not be changed to a forward but you will at least get a more careful, detailed explanation.

:D Casey

Picardster
Impressive
Impressive

Re: The General Dilemma?

Post by Picardster » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:50 pm

Casey H wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:18 pm

What makes you think the membership is so much bigger than it was 1, 2, 4, 5 years ago?
Frankly, its just an assumption since I guess that Taxi, like most companies, is striving for more members. I'm in my third year now and the number of listings has been constant all the time. So, under my assumption the forward-chances decrease naturally. But Casey, I am far away from begrudging any hard working people their success - and that applies as well and even more to the Taxi people. Taxi is a good concept to link musicians to the industry - however the chances may have changed :-)

Casey H wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:18 pm
If, after you calm down a while after a return, and get some opinions from peers, you still feel strongly that you disagree, drop an email to headscreener AT taxi dot com about it. I suggest you don't abuse this however, you don't want to bug them about every return you are upset about-- just when you really feel something was way off. In most cases, your return will not be changed to a forward but you will at least get a more careful, detailed explanation.

:D Casey
I'm far away from being aroused by returns, Casey. But there are cases which make me think, and this one was one of them.

BTW I once was really upset - and still feel the return was not right - and so I contacted Taxi. To no avail. Which was predictable. I've run a couple of businesses through my lifetime with quite a few employees and freelancers. If you break the competence of your valued staff, you break their motivation. Just imho.

Anyway, I am really grateful fur all the input here in that thread so far. It is very valuable :-)

Cheerio/Stefan