We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Pvgeldrop
Active
Active

The Kingdom Rises - Epic Orchestral trailer

Post by Pvgeldrop » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:22 am

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all having a good day! I've just finished a first mix of a new track for this listing:

------------------------------------

Lots of EPIC, TRAILER-Style ORCHESTRAL INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a Music Licensing company that's landed some great trailer and promo placements for TAXI members.

This company is searching for a bunch of Instrumentals in the general stylistic ballpark of the following references:

Simulant - Official Trailer

The Moon - Official Trailer

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes - Teaser Trailer

Quoting the company's CEO: "Must consist of grand, orchestral arrangements that evoke a sense of scale and intensity. 3-Act Structures are required."

Please submit wonderfully-crafted Trailer-Style Orchestral Instrumentals that are full of drama, suspense, and building intensity! Your submissions should have dramatic, larger-than-life motifs, and three "acts" that build to a climactic crescendo. Please craft your pieces around one central motif and create dynamics, interest, and tons of exciting, forward motion by layering instrumentation in and out as the pieces progress to a HUGE, climactic ending. Orchestral instrumentation that's in the general stylistic ballpark of the references will work best. Please make sure that any virtual instruments or samples you use are high-quality, very realistic-sounding, and well-articulated.

Submissions should be about 2 to 3 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, Stinger endings are need for this request. Please do NOT copy the referenced examples in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This Library offers a NON-EXCLUSIVE, 50/50 Deal. You’ll get 50% of any sync fees and 100% of the Writer’s share. The Publisher will get 50% of sync fees and 100% of the Publisher’s Share. You’ll keep 100% of the original Copyright and Master Recordings. You must own or control the Masters and Copyright to submit to this pitch. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you’d like, online or per CD. Time-permitting, someone from the Music Library may screen some or all of the submissions. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Monday, April 8th, 2024. TAXI # S240408EP

----------------------------------------

My track can be found here: The Kingdom Rises

I am mostly curious for feedback on the production, as I've had a previous track returned because of production, so any feedback is very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Paul

macomposer
Active
Active

Re: The Kingdom Rises - Epic Orchestral trailer

Post by macomposer » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:03 pm

Paul - you nailed it! At least to my ears - this is exceptional. Compositionally does what it needs to do, and it sounds fine. Fits perfectly into the "trailer sound." If I'm being crazy picky, you could layer in some first chairs in the orchestra (or close mics) to give just a tad more definition... but on first listen, that's all I got, and that might at 1%. Congratulations! It's good!!!

Mark
Mark Anthony Chubb
https://www.taxi.com/my/artist
markanthonychubb.com

Pvgeldrop
Active
Active

Post by Pvgeldrop » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 am

Thanks Mark, appreciate the feedback. I'll see if I can add a bit more definition, good suggestion!

BrentI
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BrentI » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:40 am

Hey Paul, this sounds great! Very epic! I really like the sound of the strings you're using. I'm being picky here, but there's a synth-y kick sound that comes in right at the beginning and then again at the end which sticks out in the mix a little to me. I might use an EQ to pull down the high end on that particular sound.

Awesome work and best wishes!

Pvgeldrop
Active
Active

Post by Pvgeldrop » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:12 am

Thanks Brent, I'll see if I can EQ that one a bit more perhaps, gonna take a few more listens myself to see how I feel about it.
The strings are Synchron Strings Pro layered with Hollywood Opus Strings, I find they give a lovely full sound.

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:14 pm

I am as far from an expert in this genre as it gets, but it sounds really good..... The dynamics are amazing, the EQ Curve of the entire mix is spot on too... FORWARD!!!
Bradley Hagen Productions
Bradley Hagen (702) 513-5320
www.bradleyhagenproductions.com

Pvgeldrop
Active
Active

Post by Pvgeldrop » Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:52 am

Thanks Bradley, from your lips to the screener's ears!