"The Look Of Love" (reimagined pop song cover in Trailer format)

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

"The Look Of Love" (reimagined pop song cover in Trailer format)

Post by johndalenow » Mon May 02, 2022 7:46 pm

Done enough for any greatly appreciated comments. Deciding how much of the original songs total lyrics should be used and just how to "convert" them to the "Trailer" format was formidable. My biggest concern is maybe it needs to build more especially in the 3rd Act. Dunno, what do you guys all think?

https://soundcloud.com/john-dale-music/ ... al_sharing

A Wide Range of REIMAGINED TRAILER-Style COVERS of WELL-KNOWN SONGS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by a Production Music Library that has landed TONS of placements for Huge, Major Motion Picture Trailers.

TAXI TIP: This is a big deal Library that's BRAND NEW to requesting music from TAXI's members, so chances are you don’t have any material in their catalog yet! This company has had tons of success with placements with some of the biggest Movie and Video Game Trailers out there, so this is a great opportunity to create a new outlet for your music and begin a new relationship with an awesome company!

This Library is on the hunt for Cover Songs that could fit in the general stylistic ballpark of the references below:

"Tainted Love" by Black Hydra & City Wolf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFbv5MpGcOU

"Mad World" by 2WEI, Tommee Profitt, & Fleurie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Had_4bbrc

"Zombie" by Damned Anthem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkqp3nQTuYs

TAXI Tip: The more recognizable the songs you choose are, the better. You'd be wise to avoid submitting unfamiliar rarities or deep album tracks.

Please send well-produced, reimagined Trailer-Style Covers of well-known Songs that could draw viewers in and have them on the edge of their seats from start to finish! Your submissions should have recognizable melodies, exciting rhythms, excellent arrangements, and three "acts" that build throughout to a climactic crescendo. Orchestral Hybrid instrumentation in the general style of the references will suit your submissions well – think a mix of Orchestral, Electronic, Hip-Hop, Sound Design, and/or Rock elements, etc. Whichever approach you decide to take, your production should be top-notch and any virtual instruments or samples you use should be cutting-edge and high-quality. Engaging, well-performed vocals could seal the deal!

Oftentimes, reimagined Trailer-Style Covers are slowed-down versions of fast songs, or fast versions of songs that were slow when they were hits. Haunting, ethereal vocal performances are often heard in slow versions, but that's not a requisite.

TAXI Tip: We strongly recommend sticking as close as possible to the original melodies and lyrics of the songs you cover so they're instantly recognizable to listeners, even when they're slowed down or sped up!

Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best. Please do not copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for overall feel, texture, and tone. Do not submit any material with unauthorized samples of other artists’ songs, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE 50/50 deal. You’ll split any upfront sync fees 50/50. You must own or control your Master to submit. Since this is an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is NOT already signed with other Libraries or Catalogs. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Tuesday, May 17th, 2022. TAXI # S220517VX
Last edited by johndalenow on Tue May 03, 2022 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: "The Look Of Love" (reimagined pop song cover in Trailer format)

Post by Casey H » Tue May 03, 2022 5:03 am

Hey John
This is pretty far off the mark. Nothing about it feels "trailer" and that vocal definitely won't cut it. Even with a better vocal, I don't think it's in the ballpark for a high bar trailer listing.

Reimagined covers are popular these days. You might want to try one with a vocalist but don't go after the trailer market, just an interesting cover. It would need better sounds/production as well but I think you could get there much easier.

Good luck!
:D Casey

convalian

Post by convalian » Tue May 03, 2022 7:24 am

Hey John!

Congrats on taking a stab at this listing....in all honesty , it scared me away when I listened to the references...LOL.

I can hear what you're trying to do but I think it has a long way to go...

The trailer references are HUGE and that's kind of the point, they want to immediately grab your attention and give you a "Holy Crap, what's about to happen" moment....

You can feel the mix, it smacks you in the chest and rattles your colon.....

They also have kind of a dark , menacing theme and to me, yours gives off more of a sad, longing vibe which is also cool just not "trailer"

I agree with Casey that his could be a cool cover of the tune on it's own with a little more tweaking of the vocal and mix but trailer music is a whole other animal....

IMHO...

Sam

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johndalenow » Tue May 03, 2022 10:05 am

convalian wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 7:24 am
Hey John!

Congrats on taking a stab at this listing....in all honesty , it scared me away when I listened to the references...LOL.

I can hear what you're trying to do but I think it has a long way to go...

The trailer references are HUGE and that's kind of the point, they want to immediately grab your attention and give you a "Holy Crap, what's about to happen" moment....

You can feel the mix, it smacks you in the chest and rattles your colon.....

They also have kind of a dark , menacing theme and to me, yours gives off more of a sad, longing vibe which is also cool just not "trailer"

I agree with Casey that his could be a cool cover of the tune on it's own with a little more tweaking of the vocal and mix but trailer music is a whole other animal....

IMHO...

Sam
Thanks. brother.

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johndalenow » Tue May 03, 2022 1:20 pm

Casey H wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 5:03 am
Hey John
This is pretty far off the mark. Nothing about it feels "trailer" and that vocal definitely won't cut it. Even with a better vocal, I don't think it's in the ballpark for a high bar trailer listing.

Reimagined covers are popular these days. You might want to try one with a vocalist but don't go after the trailer market, just an interesting cover. It would need better sounds/production as well but I think you could get there much easier.

Good luck!
:D Casey
I'll re-work it and re-post. Thanks for the help.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Tue May 03, 2022 3:19 pm

Everything here sounds below the bar to my ears.

The song choice seems a bit bizarre, is it a Pop song ? I'm not sure I even recognize it. I was expecting the ABC song which would seem to lend itself at least lyrcially to a trailer cover.

Song chice aside the execution is very wide of the mark. The mix sounds really strange, almost like it's coming from down the hall instead of out of my monitors. I'm not sure what you have done but there seems to be some sort of fizzy haze over the whole thing.

Vocally it's a long way from licensable too and the arrangement and production leave a lot to be desired. I think you need to go back to school on this one Jon.

Mark

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johndalenow » Tue May 03, 2022 7:44 pm

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 3:19 pm
Everything here sounds below the bar to my ears.

The song choice seems a bit bizarre, is it a Pop song ? I'm not sure I even recognize it. I was expecting the ABC song which would seem to lend itself at least lyrcially to a trailer cover.

Song chice aside the execution is very wide of the mark. The mix sounds really strange, almost like it's coming from down the hall instead of out of my monitors. I'm not sure what you have done but there seems to be some sort of fizzy haze over the whole thing.

Vocally it's a long way from licensable too and the arrangement and production leave a lot to be desired. I think you need to go back to school on this one Jon.

Mark
Thanks for the comments. I learn a great deal from them. Best! John