The Mic Thing or...things that make you go "shhh"

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

davekershaw
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: The Mic Thing or...things that make you go "sh

Post by davekershaw » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:57 am

Apr 18, 2008, 6:46am, silvercord wrote:why the heck not the Bose airplane hum/rumble inlaw-ex girlfriend-bill collector-boss-crack fiend neighbor-barking rabid dog-ghetto bass in the truck-honking horn-sound of cat throwing up a hair ball- remover headphones!:)Order me a pair too please!!

linziellen
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by linziellen » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:16 am

Lol I joined a choir here in France, I was an alti, found it very difficult to keep within that range. It was so funny trying to learn the lyrics, we're talking old French folk songs and during concerts I would mime so much. There was even a young French girl that struggled with her lines and if I looked at her during song I was sure to laugh!Anyway, I'm going off on one Yep, I joined a band a few weeks ago. We get together on Tuesday evenings. They have been together for years but the lead singer wants to take a back seat and concentrate on bass. Guess that's where I come in! They don't sing anything original as far as I'm aware but I've told them I write a little. At the moment I'm singing the likes of Tracy Chapman, Amy Macdonald and Texas. It's cool just have to get over the shock of actually joining a band and being heard by anyone other than the post lady and next door neighbours dog It's a group of five men so kind of difficult to get feedback from them but they appear to like my voice ...heard it from their wives/g-friends!Thanks for asking, I'll see how I get on with the mic this time round and if it still bothers me I'll mention it to them. I'm finding my feet and it's a bit nerve wrecking but I think I'm going to be OK!Your mic looks like something out of space

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by ernstinen » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:18 am

Apr 18, 2008, 6:46am, silvercord wrote:why the heck not the Bose airplane hum/rumble inlaw-ex girlfriend-bill collector-boss-crack fiend neighbor-barking rabid dog-ghetto bass in the truck-honking horn-sound of cat throwing up a hair ball- remover headphones!:)Hey! I've got a pair of the closed-ear Bose phones. They DO work to filter out low frequency sounds especially, like airplane rumble or crack-fiend neighbors who yell obscenities and pound on the wall at all hours of the day or night. Great technology! They're a little bass-heavy, but sound pretty good with a cheap portable CD player.When my friendly crack-fiend cranks up his assault, I just put on my Bose phones and crank up AC-DC, Nirvana, or some death-metal like Morbid Angel. Works like a charm! Ern

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:35 am

Apr 20, 2008, 7:10am, ibanez468 wrote:That's all. It's gettin' warmer, and I keep fallin' asleep at the 'puter. Now that's unusual. I never fall asleep at the 'puter. Guess I gotta' open a window down here, and let some fresh air in. Yeah, we've all been waitin' for some warmer weather. It's here, and it's easy ta' get distracted, and wanna' go outside. Speakin' of which, lemme' see what's happenin' out here. C'ya!I-468 Yep, I-468, I was supposed to finish a song yesterday, and I went outside...it was hard to come back in! The pollen count is getting to me though. My eyelids have been glued together lately!

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by ernstinen » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:16 am

Apr 20, 2008, 7:27am, silvercord wrote:Ern, dude..on the right track but man....you NEED to put on those Bose headphones and crank upthe Barney theme on another system(on repeat of course)sit back, enjoy the silence, and watch him SQUIRM!muhahah!Ha! I like the Barney theme idea. I think what would be better/worse is a "Laughter" CD that I have. The one that Mr. Wacko would absolutely love/hate is a room full of women cracking up, hooting and hollering. I took two different takes and overdubbed them, them looped them in ProTools. It could go on for hours on end! This nut HATES people to be happy, so I think happy women laughing for about 8 hours would put him over the edge!Hey, come to think of it, my Bose WaveRadio has a "repeat" feature on the CD player. I'll put it on LOUD today before I leave for my studio! Bwahahahahahah! Ern

aimusic
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aimusic » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:24 pm

you guys do know that the US Military uses the Barney THeme song to torture prisoners in Iraq??? That's gotta say sumin about the song ...They use Metallica and Christina Aguilera too

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by ernstinen » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:28 am

Apr 22, 2008, 1:20pm, ibanez468 wrote:"Insane in the Membrane"! Heh heh heh!LOL! I think I'll set up one of those outdoor video projectors with the big screen near my next-door friend's patio, and invite some friends over to watch these back to back over & over for about 6 hours some evening:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvV-upQV ... =relatedMr. Wacko might like one of these, but I doubt he'd like both!HeHeHeHeh! Ern