The screeners love MoG, but...

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

chris555

The screeners love MoG, but...

Post by chris555 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:31 pm

...it seems that there is always something else they are looking for. So, MoG wants to open it up to the Taxi community and ask... do you hear what they hear? They love us musically and lyrically so when do they forward a submission? Let us know. MoG is listening...Peace - MoGhttp://www.mogmusic.nethttp://www.myspace.com/ ... DoeS4pwPPU

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: The screeners love MoG, but...

Post by hummingbird » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:36 pm

hard to do that without reference to the particular listing(s) that you are referring to. What are they saying in feedback?
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

chris555

Post by chris555 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:50 pm

Hi Hummingbird,Here is one example of a listing which we thought matched our style...**************************************************S080222IRCommercial yet edgy INDIE ROCK ARTISTS along the lines of the Hold Steady, Rilo Kiley, Arcade Fire, Modest Mouse, Spoon, the Decemberists, Interpol, Wolf Parade, etc. are wanted by an A&R Executive at a Major Label. He wants bands with a great look, a cool story, and lots of touring experience under their collective belts. Kick-ass songs, awesome musical chops, and out-of-this world vocals are all essential. We'll be very selective in who we forward for this one. Please submit two to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics/photo/bio. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than Feb. 22, 2008. TAXI # S080222IR**************************************************And the response from the screener was awesome...**************************************************this band has some great musicianship and technique on show with these songs. the bass playing being a stand out feature on the second song, 'Distance'. The riff is played with some fine tone and dexterity and still manages to fulfill the sonic requirements of the instrument. That's not to forget the musical contributions of all the others involved, including some great vocal work. This was a pleasurable listening experience for me as the highly skilled performances were a highlight of my day. I have to say though, that the style, as mentioned in the song comments, is not a fit with the the listings' criteria. Checkout the example artists given in the listing itself and hear how their sound differs. Great stuff nonetheless, keep it up and best of luck.**************************************************We seem to have the same result as we submit. Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Peace - MoG

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:00 pm

There are more qualified people here than me who can comment on how you fit the genre. I like what you do. It does seem a little more like classic rock than edgy indie rock to me. VERY nice groove and sound. Dig it a lot.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

chris555

Post by chris555 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:09 am

Thanks ! We appreciate the feedback. We look forward to hearing from more Taxi folks and are all ears and open to comments and guidance. Thanks again ! Peace - MoG

vicky
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by vicky » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:40 am

hey there....you could keep an eye for listings that are about specific topics....like political songs for example....Immigration Man...I like the songs....very nice arrangements, and great playing....I'm not hearing a definite indie sound, but i think rock listings may work....The good thing about having a 'sound', is when the person who really digs it finds it, they want more...good luck,keep us posted...Vicky

chris555

Post by chris555 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:46 pm

Thanks Vicky ! We appreciate the feedback and we'll be more selective when we submit. This seems to be the key. Peace - MoG