We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BradGray
Impressive
Impressive

The Taxi-Martini-Hour-Inspired-Covid-creation-Thing

Post by BradGray » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:27 pm

Hey Passengers!

As we've been loosely chatting about a jam-a-collaboration in the daily Happy Hour (thanks Michael!) the following is intended to kick off the semi-official-but-not-sponsored basement martini sessions! The Covid Martini Sessions? *We need a catchy name. =)

Originally Akria and I had thought of a live jam, which we can certainly do but it may be easier for others to collaborate back and forth with tracks. That said, I'm good either way - I think either will be absolutely a blast during these quarantine days.

Here's what I was thinking:

1) Groups of up to 5 collaborators.
2) Indicate your instrument(s) and what you'd prefer to play.
3) Indicate if you would prefer live or offline collaboration (sending tracks back and forth).
4) Timeline - 1 week, 2 weeks (max) what do you think?

Who's in?

Feel free to either respond here, or PM me directly and I will randomly put the groups together. It has to be random, as I've never met any of you. ;-)

Also, please feel free to suggest other items to go with these mini-collaborations.

Thanks Everyone!
Brad

P.S. Just in case what we create is pure gold, gets forwarded and magic happens, perhaps we could all agree to donate anything to a Covid-19 relief effort...I'm sure they will appear soon.

akira
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: The Taxi-Martini-Hour-Inspired-Covid-creation-Thing

Post by akira » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:50 pm

Hi Brad,

Thanks for posting our initial idea on the forum. I think this could be both fun and educational.

We started talking about a virtual jam session but I fear we will spend more time solving technical issues and less time having fun.
Working on a Covid-19 collaborated song offline might be easier to do. We just need a good way to share audio or audio files and make sure we are all in the same key and tempo.
Do you think we could write a collaborative song for a REAL Taxi listing? I found this listing which has an April 22nd deadline and we can write "universal" lyrics and use metaphors for Covid-19.
Hard to Classify/Specialty/Novelty
Lots of 1980s-Style SONGS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by a very busy Music Library with a great track record of placements in Films and TV shows! They're building a “1980s" compilation that will be distributed by a larger Music Library, and they need more material. We're glad they're reaching out to you guys to find it :-)
I hope we can use a REAL Taxi Listing like a class project. It can help us learn the development process and get coaching from our peers on the forum. What do you think?
BradGray wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:27 pm
1) Groups of up to 5 collaborators.
2) Indicate your instrument(s) and what you'd prefer to play.
3) Indicate if you would prefer live or offline collaboration (sending tracks back and forth).
4) Timeline - 1 week, 2 weeks (max) what do you think?
I think we can breakout into multiple groups but I will take your lead for the "Taxi-Martini-Hour-Inspired-Covid-Creation-Thing" or the "Taxi Hour Cure (THC)" :)

1) I think we need a group leader. Each leader can build their team or any size so it is your call THIS team. (I hope I can make the cut.) :)
2) I mainly play the synth but can also help with tech stuff like file shares and simple mixing.
3) I prefer offline collaboration to keep it simple. (I'm looking at NINJAM to see if it will work for live virtual jamming but I don't want to stress with technical difficulties.)
4) Timeline? I hope we can have a finished product a few days before the deadline so we can all review it before submission. For an April 22nd submission deadline, I would shoot for a finished product by April 15th. (about 2 weeks from now.)
BradGray wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:27 pm
P.S. Just in case what we create is pure gold, gets forwarded and magic happens, perhaps we could all agree to donate anything to a Covid-19 relief effort...I'm sure they will appear soon.
I agree! For me, this is a learning project so I'm happy just going through the process.

I don't want to hijack your thread so let me know if this matches your vision!
Akira Kanyon
"Don't Stop Believin" - enjoy the Journey

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/akira.kanyon
Last Band: http://cognizenmusic.com/

AmandaJane
Impressive
Impressive

Post by AmandaJane » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:02 pm

I am here too :)
I am a lyricist, so can contribute that.
I can work in whatever way suits my cowriters :)
Last edited by AmandaJane on Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sláinte, Amanda

Amanda Jane West - Lyricist | SoundCloud | My Website |

BradGray
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradGray » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:03 pm

It may be my fault for posting to the wrong location, but at the very least the three of us can create something cool!

AmandaJane
Impressive
Impressive

Post by AmandaJane » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:05 pm

Oh and I can provide references if required ;)
Plus I'm pretty good at promoting songs to libraires and so on, doing all the metadata etc etc. Love it :lol:
Sláinte, Amanda

Amanda Jane West - Lyricist | SoundCloud | My Website |