THREE more attempting to QUIT SMOKING!!!!!

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: THREE more attempting to QUIT SMOKING!!!!!

Post by ibanez468 » Fri May 30, 2008 11:53 am

squids
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by squids » Fri May 30, 2008 4:29 pm

I'd jes like to quit bein so damn crabby lately. Geez. I feel like milfus. School is suckin' the freakin' life outta me and I can't have fun with all y'all anymore!! No wonder my mama told me not to be in such a hurry to grow up. (hey bill, check the smilies, heh)So yeah, quittin' crabbiness (matto's already noddin' his head fiercely, LOVE YA MATTO!! ) and possibly swearin'. I only swear when I'm pissed or stressed and only with friends (like all y'all!! ) but it's still not professional. Also, sending out a big woohoo to everyone who's still attempting, or pondering or has actually quit. Jes thinking about it alla time is tough, doin' it is a huge accomplishment.

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:59 am

TEN WEEKS TODAY!!I can hardly believe it, but I'm SO happy and grateful to be able to make that claim.TYGMTYGF. And thanks to all of you for so much support and encouragement. Ted
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:09 am

Hey, y'all.Was away from the boards for a few days...up in Denver for my niece's wedding (one of the most fun, amazing, laughter-filled family events of my life...BTW)...and had round one of my oral surgery nightmare yesterday (it went better and smoother and QUICKER than even the surgeon was expecting, HALLELUJAH!!!!!)...and am back checking in just to sayELEVEN WEEKS TODAY without a cigarette!!!!!That's a big wooHOO!TedAnybody else got some news for us? Carlos? Milfus? Ibanez? Casey? Squiddie? Vikki? (no, wait, we may not get an answer from Vikki until tomorrow... )
The truest of tears
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:52 am

Hey Tedster!Congratulations dude! I'm workin' on 9 weeks and countin'. On paper, I should be @ $450 saved from not smokin'. I say on paper 'cause I haven't actually put the money aside (other than $100.00). So that's $350 that I actually have to put away. No problem. I'll get it done. Hangin' tough though. No major desires to light up. Just movin' along. Lungs feel better, chest feels O.K., throat feels good. Sneezin' a little more than usual, but I guess that's ta' be expected. My oldest is out of school beginning this month, so I can start savin' all of the money I've been givin' him every week for the next 3 months. That'll get me some more musical software I suppose, by the end of August. Doin' good though. Glad to hear that you've conquered the nicotine monster and that everything is GOOD with ya'!I-468

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:15 am

OR you could save it up for a trip to the Road Rally....you'd NEVER regret it.Hmmm...
The truest of tears
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:07 am

Tedster,I'll tell ya' this, if things go according to plan with the sale of our/my mom's house (so far, so good contract has been signed by the buyer) I won't have any problems getting to the Road Rally this November (at least not from a financial standpoint anyway). Closing is scheduled for early next month, and things are looking good, so far. So I'm gonna' will this to happen as planned, and I already see myself catching the plane to make it out there! It's a done deal as far as I'm concerned! How's that for positive thinking? I-468

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:46 pm

Jun 13, 2008, 3:07am, ibanez468 wrote:How's that for positive thinking? I-468Pretty frickin' powerful, if you ask me.It will be SO cool to shake your hand and buy you a drink....
The truest of tears
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:52 am

Tedster,Same here, but it'll probably have ta' be pop or juice, or possibly a lite beer perhaps. I've kinda' quit drinkin', for the most part anyway. I haven't completely stopped, but I know that triggers the smoking, so I try and stay away from the stuff, ya' know?I-468

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:42 pm

Yeah, I can totally relate. But by then, those triggers should be greatly weakened, and it'll be time to celebrate.You ARE drinking with me, or else.
The truest of tears
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982