THREE more attempting to QUIT SMOKING!!!!!

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mewman
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: THREE more attempting to QUIT SMOKING!!!!!

Post by mewman » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:38 pm

Hi folks! I just wanted to throw some support your way for quitting. I turn fifty-one in a month and have gone one year and five months since my last smoke. I feel a little better every day. The thing that surprised me was how slow the recuperation is. Hang in there! There are days when I feel the urge more than others, but all in all, it gets easier and easier to say no. I thank the new attitudes about smoking that brought about the legislation that banned it in bars and restaurants here in Montreal a year and a half ago. I gig regularly and it is WAY easier now that no one can light up in the clubs! I'm rooting for you guys! I was at the rally last year but don't think I can make it this year. If I could, I'd buy you a beer myself! Stick to it!Mewman

kg
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by kg » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:03 am

Jun 14, 2008, 3:42pm, tedsingingfox wrote:Yeah, I can totally relate. But by then, those triggers should be greatly weakened, and it'll be time to celebrate.You ARE drinking with me, or else. Yeah, a starbucks coffee with an AMP Energy drink early in the LA morning waiting for the breakouts to start

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:30 pm

Jun 15, 2008, 5:03am, kg wrote:Jun 14, 2008, 3:42pm, tedsingingfox wrote:Yeah, I can totally relate. But by then, those triggers should be greatly weakened, and it'll be time to celebrate.You ARE drinking with me, or else. Yeah, a starbucks coffee with an AMP Energy drink early in the LA morning waiting for the breakouts to start And this is AFTER your 4 am OCD gym workouts??????
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982