Thriller Trailer

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

kitbenz51
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Thriller Trailer

Post by kitbenz51 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:33 pm

I can't stop making these it's so fun. Any feedback would be appreciated as this is among the first trailers i've made. The hardest part for me is discerning the listings. In the references, there are at least 3 trailer tracks per video. I think one even has four. So I tried to fit the mood of the latter half of the listings.

Watching, Waiting
(comiseratinngggg)

Cheers,
Kit

THRILLER TRAILER-Style INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a Production Music Library with an impressive list of placements in Movie Trailers, TV Shows, and Video Games!

IMPORTANT NOTE: This Company is BRAND NEW to requesting music from TAXI, so chances are you don’t have any material in their catalog yet! This is an awesome opportunity to create a new outlet for your music and begin a new relationship with a cool company!

This Library is looking for Instrumentals in the general stylistic range of the following references:

Stillwater Trailer

Inheritance Trailer

The Vanished Trailer #1

Please submit well-produced Thriller Trailer-style Instrumentals that will have the viewers' blood pumping from start to finish! Your submissions should have captivating melodies, top-notch instrumentation, and three "acts" that build to a climactic crescendo. Your arrangements can feature high-quality Orchestral and Sound Design elements. Masterful production in the general style of the references is a must for this pitch, as well. Please be sure that any and all virtual instruments you use are high-quality and modern – nothing stiff or obviously MIDI-driven will work for this request.

TAXI Tip: Don't be afraid to layer up your instrumentation to create a big, blockbuster sound – the bigger the better for these types of Instrumentals!

All submissions should be about 90 seconds to 2:30 minutes in length (give or take). Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best. Please do not copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for overall feel, texture, and tone. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal. You’ll split all upfront sync fees 50/50. You’ll keep 100% of the Writer’s share and they’ll get 100% of the Publisher’s share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright. Since this is an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is NOT already signed to other Libraries or Catalogs. Please send as many Instrumentals as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Friday, February 4th, 2022. TAXI # S220204TT

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Thriller Trailer

Post by DouglasKnight » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:59 am

Hi Kit, very nice work on this! You've got some great elements in there - love the heartbeat sounds, the big hits, the brass and the way it builds. Especially impressive since its among the first you've made, wow! I've not ventured into making any trailers yet, so this really inspires me to give it a shot. Hopefully you'll get more detailed feedback from the experts here on the forum, but wanted to give you kudos on this, and wish you good luck.

Cheers,
Doug

kitbenz51
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by kitbenz51 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:41 pm

Thanks Doug. Looking forward to hearing what you create!

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:25 am

Coming to a cinema near you anytime soon!
Great job!!
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.