Too Busy For Tension Instrumentals?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

waveheavy
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Too Busy For Tension Instrumentals?

Post by waveheavy » Wed May 17, 2017 3:36 pm

I was just real sneaky with the tremolo strings, bringing them in and out. What you're saying speaks to me that I've got too many elements going on in the cue.
daveydad wrote:Maybe my lousy hearing didn't pick them up! Wonder if some screeners are hard of hearing!? lol

jeromerossen
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jeromerossen » Thu May 18, 2017 10:38 am

Hi Dave-

This is a nice track. I think it's fine to have "a lot of elements" going on, as long as you bring them in and out mindfully...

One element you might consider adding - and if it’s too late for this, think about it for the next cue - is a clear edit point in the middle. You almost have one at 1:24, but you need a bigger sub or bass drum hit, and then you need to clean it up a bit to let everything hold/decay for 1 or 2 bars.

And speaking of hits, I would add a sub hit or bass drum at the very last note.

You can listen to the shark tank example above to hear hits like I’m thinking of.

In both of those cases, an editor will be able to look visually at your track and see an edit point - and they can potentially use the last 0:30 seconds or so - especially if it has a strong end.

Hope this helps!

Jerome

waveheavy
Impressive
Impressive

Post by waveheavy » Thu May 18, 2017 10:55 am

Really great ideas Jerome,

I had thought about an edit point earlier in the cue but got wrapped up in the composition. Hadn't considered a boom hit for the end though, nice idea. Thanks!

Dave

jeromerossen wrote:Hi Dave-

This is a nice track. I think it's fine to have "a lot of elements" going on, as long as you bring them in and out mindfully...

One element you might consider adding - and if it’s too late for this, think about it for the next cue - is a clear edit point in the middle. You almost have one at 1:24, but you need a bigger sub or bass drum hit, and then you need to clean it up a bit to let everything hold/decay for 1 or 2 bars.

And speaking of hits, I would add a sub hit or bass drum at the very last note.

You can listen to the shark tank example above to hear hits like I’m thinking of.

In both of those cases, an editor will be able to look visually at your track and see an edit point - and they can potentially use the last 0:30 seconds or so - especially if it has a strong end.

Hope this helps!

Jerome