TOO much contrast?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: TOO much contrast?

Post by andreh » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:14 am

Quote:Andreh,what I would like to know is what do YOU really think.You are obviously a talented and experienced musician and you wouldn't have asked the question unless you had some real concerns.Seems to me except for one everybody else has said leave things as they are.Will You.Johnny-Thanks for the kind words. I am glad to see the positive response to this tune; I have a hard time judging my work objectively sometimes.I feel a strong difference between the sections, and my concern was that placing the song would be hard because of this. However, it doesn't seem to be bothering most listeners, so I'll probably see where I can take it with minimal changes.Andre
The greatest risk in life is risking nothing.

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:25 am

yeha, the bass seems to be missing from the big(ch) sections. Too missing for me. Especially when it(thebass) sounded so well thought out in the verses. It feels like the sound of the mix in the choruses would be great for some kind of breakdown, but I miss the low end not being there every time.your production tricks are fabulous, and very current sounding to me, great solo & sound too. the overall mix compression and eq might be a little too intense. I wonder if the extra dynamics in the chorus might be enhanced by not using as much compression. It might be good to allow the chorus to get louder and not squash it so much.But it is an awesome piece of work. Great to hear it!

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:48 am

Quote:Quote:Andreh,what I would like to know is what do YOU really think.You are obviously a talented and experienced musician and you wouldn't have asked the question unless you had some real concerns.Seems to me except for one everybody else has said leave things as they are.Will You.Johnny-Thanks for the kind words. I am glad to see the positive response to this tune; I have a hard time judging my work objectively sometimes.I feel a strong difference between the sections, and my concern was that placing the song would be hard because of this. However, it doesn't seem to be bothering most listeners, so I'll probably see where I can take it with minimal changes.AndreAndre,I think you can drop the 7th on the guitar break and it works but it doesn't seem to work on the hook though it's the same chords.Maybe it's me!