Top 3

Talk about the rally here.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

fuzzbox
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Top 3

Post by fuzzbox » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:58 pm

Yeah Robin's class was great. Very detailed and with great examples too, to hit the point home! :geek: 8-)
Chinese..Indian ..Fish & Chips with curry Sauce
:lol:
ImageImage

All You Need Is Ears - Sir George Martin
The music is not in the notes, but in the silence betweenWolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Paulie
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Paulie » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:58 pm

I was not at the Rally this year, but I am stealing this:
"Music supes don't want, and don't choose the BEST music. They want the RIGHT music."
This might even replace "Write, submit, forget, repeat."

:)
Paul "yo paulie!" Croteau
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." Beethoven
http://www.yopauliemusic.com | https://www.taxi.com/members/paulcroteau | https://youtube.com/@yopauliemusic

studiom1

Post by studiom1 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:59 pm

- Music supes don't want, and don't choose the BEST music. They want the RIGHT music. Again, nothing earth-shattering. However, it was another aha moment. Watching Mason and Laurel work in their classes made it SO clear that they don't give a dang about how great or not great of producers/composers we are. It doesn't matter! It's all about the MOOD. How does your music make someone FEEL? Does it accurately convey ONE mood? Does it SUPPORT the production?

This was the missing link for me. Basic information, but the answer to a lot of questions. Although i haven't been successful with previous submissions, it makes sense why..at least now. It was a pleasure meeting some of you guys at the rally. To me you are all celebrities because you all share valuable tips, as I have been reading into the forum for some time now, as I joined earlier this year and I see you guys posting often. Thanks again, looking forward to finally posting and getting feedback...btw, Dean's courses about cues helped tremendously.

annayarbrough
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by annayarbrough » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:43 pm

cosmicdolphin wrote:
annayarbrough wrote:What are your TOP 3 takeaways
Chinese..Indian ..Fish & Chips
I miss UK chinese like nothing else. It's completely different. No-one understands :shock:
Anna Yarbrough
Website | Spotify | SoundCloud

annayarbrough
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by annayarbrough » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:44 pm

fuzzbox wrote:
Chinese..Indian ..Fish & Chips with curry Sauce
:lol:
+1 for the curry chip
Anna Yarbrough

annayarbrough
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by annayarbrough » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:46 pm

After much deliberation.... here are my top SIX (I know I said 3..... ha..... my post, my rules :P )

Michael Laskow—know what your mission is—what is the need in the music industry that you can fill?

ML—create a mood list and write several cues that fit those moods

Matt Hirt—build credibility. Social media presence, youtube, etc. Something that makes it obvious that you're in it for the long haul

Frank Palazzollo—create a different version (genre) of every song you write

Laurel Ostrander—a cue should be exciting on entry, and a sting out is often preferred. Interest in, and interest out.

Bobby Borg—reasons why people don't exceed (1): people are in such a rush! (Relatable) Not a lotto ticket. Doctors, lawyers etc take years... Don't bail before you should. Odds are always in favor of those who work hard.
Anna Yarbrough

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:46 pm

annayarbrough wrote:
cosmicdolphin wrote:
annayarbrough wrote:What are your TOP 3 takeaways
Chinese..Indian ..Fish & Chips
I miss UK chinese like nothing else. It's completely different. No-one understands :shock:
Well that settles it then , not moving to L.A now

annayarbrough
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by annayarbrough » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:36 pm

studiom1 wrote:- Music supes don't want, and don't choose the BEST music. They want the RIGHT music. Again, nothing earth-shattering. However, it was another aha moment. Watching Mason and Laurel work in their classes made it SO clear that they don't give a dang about how great or not great of producers/composers we are. It doesn't matter! It's all about the MOOD. How does your music make someone FEEL? Does it accurately convey ONE mood? Does it SUPPORT the production?

This was the missing link for me. Basic information, but the answer to a lot of questions. Although i haven't been successful with previous submissions, it makes sense why..at least now. It was a pleasure meeting some of you guys at the rally. To me you are all celebrities because you all share valuable tips, as I have been reading into the forum for some time now, as I joined earlier this year and I see you guys posting often. Thanks again, looking forward to finally posting and getting feedback...btw, Dean's courses about cues helped tremendously.
Hey Sean! Didn't have the pleasure of meeting you at the Rally, but there's always next year! Welcome to the forums—great place to hang out 8-) Looking forward to hearing your music
Anna Yarbrough

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by funsongs » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:33 pm

I coulda swore your post started out about "takeaways"... but I like "take-out", too. :? :shock: :)
But, with the translation to UK-ish, I'm not so sure that "take-out" to the Brits might be a reference
to trash/garbage aka rubbish. I've gotten myself into linguistic trouble on more than one occasion. :roll: :geek:
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

fuzzbox
Impressive
Impressive

Post by fuzzbox » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:13 am

I've gotten myself into linguistic trouble on more than one occasion.
LOL :lol:
ImageImage

All You Need Is Ears - Sir George Martin
The music is not in the notes, but in the silence betweenWolfgang Amadeus Mozart