Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Top-Liners for Co-Write - #S220107RB +

Post by Casey H » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:08 am

superblonde wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:54 am
how about stop needlessly dissenting
Yes, that would be a very good idea. Everyone here has tried to be helpful to you. This is the most supportive community out there. But every time someone says something, you come back with an argument. "Grammy award winning" doesn't work for you because you don't like the Grammys. Kali is a massively successful top-liner who has her music in commercials on TV all the time. But her music isn't melodic enough for you. The listing's studio-produced reference tracks don't have melodic appeal to you.... And so on. Contemporary music hooks are different to some degree than what you may have in your head as "melodic". Get used to it. (Or don't be in this business of pitching songs).

Mark, myself, Graham, and others would love to see you succeed. But if a person is drowning, we throw them a rope, and they refuse to grab it... :roll:

Yes, you did ask someone to post an example of what they were submitting. But that wouldn't tell you where they quality bar was anyway. It would only tell you what others were submitting which is not necessarily what's on the mark. Experienced members here will tell you that reading the listing carefully and listening to the reference tracks is the best way to to get your answer.

Casey

superblonde
Impressive
Impressive

Post by superblonde » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:15 am

This is my official request Casey for you to stop replying to any of my posts in the future. Ever.
. . . www.superblonde.org "All Kale Seitan! ♭II ‼" -Moshpit Chant of the Vegan Metalhead

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:36 am

superblonde wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:13 am
I wouldn't qualify her art as Melodic.
superblonde wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:15 am
This is my official request Casey for you to stop replying to any of my posts in the future. Ever.
I wouldn't qualify this as "official". https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/official :lol: :lol: :lol:

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:52 pm

superblonde wrote:
I also thought of Kali J as a reference but the available tracks are the polished versions not the original demo's. For all I know, the demos (i.e. submissions to "request for top-liner collaborators") are simply the songwriter rapping over a drum machine's sequenced beat (Instrumentation: none!).
The 'demos' are pretty close to the final tracks

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:18 pm

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:52 pm
superblonde wrote:
I also thought of Kali J as a reference but the available tracks are the polished versions not the original demo's. For all I know, the demos (i.e. submissions to "request for top-liner collaborators") are simply the songwriter rapping over a drum machine's sequenced beat (Instrumentation: none!).
The 'demos' are pretty close to the final tracks
Years back (I'm old), "demos" that went to publishers, producers, etc. could be fairly rough, just a song laid down on a cassette, often a one take guitar and vocal. But we are in a different era and we have been for probably 20+ years now. The quality of demos is, as Mark said, very close to final productions. The advent of affordable home studios changed everything. So, even though *in theory* the demos shouldn't have to be that polished, reality is producers hear hundreds of demos a week which are damn good. So the competition is fierce. Why listen to a scratchy, out of tune vocal when you can listen to something that's almost the real thing? If it's not a really solid presentation, it's "click" to the next one. 10 seconds to catch their attention.

Casey