We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

crashgates
Impressive
Impressive

Post by crashgates » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:57 pm

Last edited by crashgates on Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Penny 4 ur thoughts : )

Post by cosmicdolphin » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:57 pm

Sorry Crash...no it's nothing like what you described....it sounds like a Casio keyboard demo from the mid 90s

Have you actually listened to any current EDM Pop ? Here is an EMD Pop track I just signed to an exclusive Library...not my finest tune but they asked me for some more so hopefully I can come up with some.

https://soundcloud.com/user-45178330/br ... 5-mastered

But you really have to study these things, copy them if you must ....drop one of the reference tracks into your DAW, match the tempo and see if you can duplicate what's going on. Even if it's only a 4 or 8 bar section..ask yourself ..what does their kick sound like ? What pattern is it playing ? How about the snare ? Or the Clap ? What are the chords doing ? What instrument sounds are they using ? Figure it out. Once you can copy it then you can maybe keep the beat and change the chords into your own thing and go from there.

crashgates
Impressive
Impressive

Post by crashgates » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:12 pm

Last edited by crashgates on Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Robertj64
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Robertj64 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:25 pm

crashgates wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:12 pm
Oh great Cosmic and great Tom

my two favorite taxi members & task masters

I see I am not worthy of thee

I was feeling bad for choosing not to renew my membership, but I see from your comments

Maybe I've made the right decision after all : )
Ouch!

I cannot tell you how many times I have been disheartened by something I thought was good. You have the choice to either leave it for good or stick to your passion. I don't think there is a right or wrong decision. Cosmic can be very direct but I have seen he also gives praise where it is warranted. How badly do you want to keep with music? This is not an easy place to advance because there is so much music out there. Like many of us, I have invested a lot of time, money and effort. I want to reap some satisfaction from all the effort. It can be done. It is just that there are no shortcuts in this industry with a very limited amount of people actually making money from it.
I may fold sometime in the future but not for being thin-skinned or at least giving it my very best. I hope you keep at it and not get discouraged. Even the skilled here get returns.

Cheers and good luck!
Robert
https://soundcloud.com/vocalsky
https://soundcloud.com/vocalsky

crashgates
Impressive
Impressive

Post by crashgates » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:36 pm

Last edited by crashgates on Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

crashgates
Impressive
Impressive

Post by crashgates » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:41 pm

Last edited by crashgates on Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:45 am

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:52 am

crashgates wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:41 pm
Oh Cosmic

that cheap Casio is actually a modx
Hey ! Takes a special kinda talent to make stuff sound cheap. 8-)

I've owned all sorts of things over the years Crash, from my first Yamaha PSS - 790 , to the SY35 & 85 , TG300 , I had a nice Casio CZ1000.....but to be honest I think for this sort of music most folks are better working in the box. Not only from a sound point of view but just the easier workflow.

Instruments like Massive and Sylenth , Nexus etc are the sound of EDM today ...there's even tons of really good free VSTi's out there.

But it's not just the intruments it's how you use them, so anyone can make anything sound good or bad...it's all according what you do with it.

crashgates
Impressive
Impressive

Post by crashgates » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:04 am

Last edited by crashgates on Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:27 pm

crashgates wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:04 am
Thx Cosmic

Very nice track. I don't know if the low battery in my hearing aid is the cause of my disillusion here and its tough to judge things against other people's criteria s too, but with the deepest of respect but I don't hear anything particularly sonic-ally orgasmic : (. I am beginning to wonder as an outsider looking in if those that write/request these listings descriptions are just injecting their own bias into the mix. I get that the customer is always right but what's that saying one man's treasure is another mans trash or beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Yeah..not my best ...or worst...but the Library took it so it'll have a chance of being placed now