Totally lost as what to do

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

boobielive
Active
Active

Totally lost as what to do

Post by boobielive » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:22 am

just having a fun night. this is about the middle of the third set at a local bar and i do mean A BAR downtown murrphey'sthey don't pay much but it allows us old folk get out and do our thing these songs are originals tryed to cut them from the sessionso you'll hear background noise. and the rattling of ice, glasses.now you can see why i haven't submitted any songs can't seem to figure where the songs would fit in today's marketif they do at all.thanks for your earsmyspace.com/countrybeginningsmusicoh well richard

jay10music
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Totally lost as what to do

Post by jay10music » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:03 am

Richard....can't sream this...Link has to b in yellow....to listen...jay

questor
Impressive
Impressive

Post by questor » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:19 am

Richard,I linkified your url so people can access it more easily:http://www.myspace.com/countrybeginningsmusicI totally know what you mean. I listened to (and enjoyed) "crazy", and I could definately tell that this was a live recording. It didn't stop me from enjoying the song, however Taxi does seem to have a rather high bar as to the quality of the production they are looking for. One way to solve this is to simply get yourself some home studio gear and just play yopur set in a more sound-proof room (like your living room). One of the latest recording magazines I read mentioned that one of the authors uses moving blankets (with grommets in them) to hang from hooks in his home...and he just puts them up when recording. Also, as far as recording gear goes, there is a great deal of quality home studio recording gear nowadays that is very reasonable. One popular series of (sort of) all-in-one recording devices is the Boss BR Series (BR-900CD, BR-1200CD, BR-1600CD)...they are fairly easy to use and they not only allow you to do mixing and mastering, but also burn a CD as well.As for the market for your style of music at Taxi, I think you really need to pour over the listings a bit and submit a few songs to listings that will be critiqued. That way you will have some direct feedback and comments to go on. Taxi is definately a process that requires you to submit, get feeedback, tweak, and re-submit (same song or a new one) over and over. Not that I have had any success either, but here's to hoping!Good Luck!

bwrenhewmach
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bwrenhewmach » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:31 am

Hi Richard You may have a point of where to fit your music or who to pitch it to. However if a man was to do it himself and create his own style and nitch. Like Charlie Daniels, Willy Nelson and others with their very different and unique styles My point is good music is good music. If people are paying you to play your music that means it must have value. From what I could hear you and your band have the talent. This is the long way home for sure but ask Willie how long it took him. He just keep keeping on. Richard I sure wish you the best if I were you I would go for it we only have one life to live. mild Bill

feaker
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by feaker » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:06 pm

richardAt last I find someone older than me. (59)I too liked crazy the best. You put a huge grin on my face man.That is beer drinkin music bud. Have to pick up roadrunner and listen to yawl play live.Your stuff would sound so much better in a studio. Wish you lived closer, I would have you over.I have not heard anything like this here in the last six months that i have joined taxi. Refreshing.The best to youPaul

boobielive
Active
Active

Post by boobielive » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:07 pm

i wrote a replay and it got lost thank you bwrenhewmach, and thank you questori don't want to be a singer i will give anyone my music to make it a reality for them as`well a me. i'm a haappy camper been entertaining for 50 + years have some great songs let other people run with them. the stories are real love you guys thanks much much richaed

boobielive
Active
Active

Post by boobielive » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:18 pm

by the way for our daily drinking gathering me and my band have been doing copy /mama tried, i love this bar, he stop loving her today, i am having the time of my life. never did copy richard

boobielive
Active
Active

Post by boobielive » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:52 pm

paul i thought you would really appreciate " life's to short to dance with ugly women' HA i am older then you but don't worry you will catch up thanks for yore ear love yarichard

boobielive
Active
Active

Post by boobielive » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:41 pm

OK to old , can't seem to understand the instruction how do i put a pic up with the rest of y'all thanks if you can explain itrichard

feaker
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by feaker » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:50 pm

richardPutting a pic up is a little complicated. Well, It was for me anyway.It has been discussed here in the forum. I will see if I can find it.I had to send my photo to photobucket.com. Then it could be transfered here. Has to be pretty small. Only so many pixels.Paul