We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

sizzler52
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Trance Mission - Still trying - Appreciate comments

Post by sizzler52 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:18 pm

Hi All
Another one for the 'Trance' genre ..... having done a bit more reading and learning.
Interested in any comments you're willing to give
Thank you

http://taxi.com/sizzler52 ...... Trance Mission

Len911
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Trance Mission - Still trying - Appreciate comments

Post by Len911 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:07 pm

I don't know anything about trance but I enjoyed this piece a lot. It kept me interested the whole time even though it was over 5 minutes! Nice groove going on. A little bit of buss compression would probably pull out some of the details that seemed a little buried in the mix, but this sounds like a winner to me!!
https://soundcloud.com/huck-sawyer-finn
Not an expert on contemporary music

DavRom
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DavRom » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:53 pm

I hear that as a "soundtrack" rather than a "trance" track

what trance artists have you been listening to?

thokus
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by thokus » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:57 am

Hey, Your getting to be quite the trance man .. Sounds great . I'm No expert either but its a pretty fun listen.. Good music for spacing out .
Tom

bwd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by bwd » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:04 am

Hi Andy. How about "Trance and Dental" for the next one? You can really get your teeth into that! When I think of trance I always think of "Children" by Robert Miles - pretty doof-doof music. "Trance Mission" is in the pocket. I like the lift at 1.27 - maybe the string melody should be more prominent there? The breakdown and build-up also seems to be part of the trance formula. At 3.21 I'd bring out the melody a little more. There are lots of cool moving parts going on. Cheers, Doug

sizzler52
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by sizzler52 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:43 pm

Hey guys thanks for your listens and comments.
DavRom - thanks I'll bear that in mind when a 'soundtrack' listing comes up
bwd - How did you guess that Trance Endental is going to be next.....lol .... followed by Trance Portation and Trance Gression

Alll good stuff to hear thanks and bear in mind for the next one when it comes along

Sizzler

liam kelly

Post by liam kelly » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:15 pm

Hey Sizzler

Greatly enjoyed this track. Are you writing for a specific listing or just to increase your catalogue? If there's a listing you have in mind, it'd help a lot if you post it along with the piece.

This was greatly reminiscent, to me, of Terra Ferma's 'The Adventures Of..' and Taucher's 'Ayla' - that late 90s Gatecrasher trance sound. Strong, repetitive melodies placed over moving and swelling beds. Classically, those tracks had long intros that introduced percussive elements every 8 bars, had a mini break at 64 bars (the point at which the dj cross-faded one track to the other), the introduction of the melody there and a looooong break sometime after culminating with all tracks up to ten (eleven!!) and then unwinding track by track to the outttro.

Of course, this was all done to assist djs who could only mix on vinyl back then. Now, it's all CD.... and different.

What did the listing ask for?

Nice piece!!

Liam

sizzler52
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by sizzler52 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:45 pm

Hi Thanks Liam
It wasn't actually written for a listing in the first instance but since writing the one below has come along so given it a go....... fingers crossed.

ELECTROPOP, TRANCE and DANCE PRODUCERS ala David Guetta, Tiesto, Armin van Buuren & Mylo, etc., needed by the President of a successful Music Publishing Company with extensive high-profile Film and TV placements. Original songs only! Tracks can be with or without vocals Ð instrumental tracks ARE okay to submit. He's open to a wide range of commercial to Indie styles, however instrumentatal presentation must be top-notch! Highly visual lyrics and melodies with memorable impact are a must!

liam kelly

Post by liam kelly » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:48 pm

sizzler52 wrote:Hi Thanks Liam
It wasn't actually written for a listing in the first instance but since writing the one below has come along so given it a go....... fingers crossed.

ELECTROPOP, TRANCE and DANCE PRODUCERS ala David Guetta, Tiesto, Armin van Buuren & Mylo, etc., needed by the President of a successful Music Publishing Company with extensive high-profile Film and TV placements. Original songs only! Tracks can be with or without vocals Ð instrumental tracks ARE okay to submit. He's open to a wide range of commercial to Indie styles, however instrumentatal presentation must be top-notch! Highly visual lyrics and melodies with memorable impact are a must!
Good luck :)