Travel Savings tips for the Road Rally

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

robbylane
Impressive
Impressive

Travel Savings tips for the Road Rally

Post by robbylane » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:18 pm

I am grateful to Taxi for posting codes to get airline and hotel discounts for the Road Rally 2008. Another option, which actually saved me money, was to look at discount travel sites like Priceline.com and Travelocity.com (just to name a couple) where you could possibly save serious bucks by purchasing a "flight and hotel" package all at one cost. Now here is something VERY important for you all to me aware of. As a Taxi member, you can get a Westin Hotel discount rate of $155 per night, thanks to Michael and staff. However, the hotel attaches taxes that will bump up your end-cost. Whereas, if you go to a travel site as I suggested, you will get your taxes included in the very price that your are paying, no hidden fees. Let me be clear, I am not a financial expert and I am in no way trying to one-up Taxi with their discount offerings. I am merely being resouceful and if I see something beneficial that can be of help to others, I want to share it with you - simple as that. With todays economy in the throes, you need to seek out your best deals on everything!I want to add that I am very excited about the 2008 Rally and I totally plan to be there! The thought of being surrounded by fellow Taxi members and industry people is thrilling to the core. Just like when I go to a big Rock concert...the sound thumping, the energy, the fans gathered in unity...I'm home!