trying my hand at action :)

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

trying my hand at action :)

Post by hummingbird » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:23 pm

Been working on this piece last couple of days, for a potential "action chase scene instrumental with button ending" submission.Had a look through Ishkur's Guide to Electronic Music (thanks Mazz), I think this is Techno? Would appreciate some feedback what I've put together... particularly the production aspects.Turf War http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... m=trueEDIT - also posted on my site athttp://www.vikkiflawith.com/song/7thanks! Hummin'bird
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

rick
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Turf War - feedback appreciated :)

Post by rick » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:59 am

I am no expert on techno electronic but my son has played in these types of bands and that is pretty much the only kind of music he has written for the last 12 years.He is coming over today to take me to the airport and I will have him give this a listen and get back to you later.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:44 am

Hi VikkiYour work gets better each and every day. I like this track. As you know, electronica is not my strongest area but this sounds like a very clean, nicely produced track. Did this listing specifically ask for electronica for action/chase or action/chase in general? Just curious...Questions about whether tracks might fit action/chase have come up before on these boards. I recommend using Google and searching on... action chase "music library" ...with the quotes exactly as shown. You'll find many libraries and production houses have on-line samples for action/chase. Similar Google search word combos would probably find more. The best thing to do is see how your track compares with some of those samples. Casey

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:04 am

Hi Casey - thanks for the listen! The listing says "new Music Library needs a wide range of high-energy DRAMA INSTRUMENTALS (no vocals) for ACTION/CHASE SCENES for use in film/TV/commercials". I could be wrong but I am interpreting "a wide range" as meaning in various styles. I think electronica would be quite acceptable in this case, as I listened to various kinds of action/chase music and it was often used. this sounds like a very clean, nicely produced trackThat's exactly what I hoped to hear! I'm walking on new ground with the high energy thing.... hugsVikki
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

kevinmathie
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: trying my hand at action :)

Post by kevinmathie » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:13 pm

Hi Vikki!Of course, take my opinion with a grain of salt since I'm no expert, but this doesn't conjure up a "chase" scene for me. It does suggest movement to me, but I don't know about a chase, per se.Having said that, however, it all depends on what's happening on the screen. Nice track, though. I like it. Very interesting and unique.In my mind, it's just a tad too laid back for a chase, but it'd be great for travelling music, or scenes of someone working in a CSI lab, etc.But, what do I know? Check back with me when I get a couple of my own chase music cues picked up.

mixopenta
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mixopenta » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:22 pm

Hey Vikki, Nice of you to post a link to your own site, so I can have a listen as well Good Job! I can definitely see this in a chase scene.Now, what bugs me about this particular listing is the mentioning of "high energy". Because of these specifics they might rule your submission out, for the same reason they'll probably return mine, as not energetic enough...But I submitted anyway, and I think you should do too...(this probably comes a little late though, hope you already submitted)

geo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by geo » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:22 am

Hey HB, another great sounding track from you. As far as it being "Techno" I would say it's missing a driving drum track which I think is normally present in most techno songs. Good examples which come to mind are the "Bourne" films, they each I believe have extended chase scenes featuring techno music and they're good movies as well. So I think you have a lot of the tehnical and aural aspects down, just ramp up the beat..Good luck, Geo