TuneSat Detections

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DannyWeber
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

TuneSat Detections

Post by DannyWeber » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:29 am

Hi,
I've had 5 detections in the past 5 days in my Free 50 track, TuneSat account. Placements on The Cartoon Network for an 8-bit Chiptune instrumental I wrote which was forwarded by TAXI last year.
I signed that track and 2 more to that Library and my question is.. can you really rely on 5 TuneSat detections that you really have placements? Has anyone gotten that many false detections before? The duration is about 10 sec and the WAV file that TuneSat presents, is definitely my tune.

Just want to be sure before I break out the champagne LOL.

Thank you for chiming in!

Dan
https://www.taxi.com/members/danweber

Go your own way! Out of necessity, drive, gumption, whatever.. don't let anyone tell you you can't!
It's not what goes into your music that's important, it's what comes out the speakers

MBantle
Impressive
Impressive

Re: TuneSat Detections

Post by MBantle » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:00 am

That is an interesting question. Tunesat only "reports" what their software is able to detect. So the actual duration of the placement is probably a tiny bit longer than what you hear listening to Tunesat's audio sample. I had Tunesat reports where their WAV also included pieces of dialog so I have no reason to believe these were made up :)
Cheers,
Matt

DannyWeber
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by DannyWeber » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:16 am

MBantle wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:00 am
That is an interesting question. Tunesat only "reports" what their software is able to detect. So the actual duration of the placement is probably a tiny bit longer than what you hear listening to Tunesat's audio sample. I had Tunesat reports where their WAV also included pieces of dialog so I have no reason to believe these were made up :)
Cheers,
Matt
To tell you the truth Matt.. your news is better news than the TuneSat detections themselves!!! I trust TAXI members more than I do software for sure!!!!!
Dan

Go your own way! Out of necessity, drive, gumption, whatever.. don't let anyone tell you you can't!
It's not what goes into your music that's important, it's what comes out the speakers

MBantle
Impressive
Impressive

Post by MBantle » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:27 am

DannyWeber wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:16 am
MBantle wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:00 am
Cheers,
Matt
To tell you the truth Matt.. your news is better news than the TuneSat detections themselves!!! I trust TAXI members more than I do software for sure!!!!!
Dan
The other thing to bear in mind is that Tunesat only tracks certain countries and TV networks. I would like to upgrade to the paid version but it seems at the lowest paid level it is a 100 USD per month if you want to include all their countries. Hopefully, the competition comes up with a more affordable and more comprehensive tool ;)
Cheers,
Matt (and congratulations of course!!!) :)

DannyWeber
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by DannyWeber » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:47 am

MBantle wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:27 am
The other thing to bear in mind is that Tunesat only tracks certain countries and TV networks. I would like to upgrade to the paid version but it seems at the lowest paid level it is a 100 USD per month if you want to include all their countries. Hopefully, the competition comes up with a more affordable and more comprehensive tool ;)
Cheers,
Matt (and congratulations of course!!!) :)
I agree, Matt! I have many more tracks out there and I would love to have more functionality as far as TuneSat detections in the future but $100 dollars USD per month.. is not going to work for me right now. Sorry TuneSat!
Thanks again, Matt!!
Dan

DannyWeber
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by DannyWeber » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:48 am

CTWF wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:26 am
Congrats Dan - that must be a great feeling! :)

Tom
Thanks Tom!

ResonantTone
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ResonantTone » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:42 am

My experience with tunesat is that it’s much more likely to miss a detection vs give a false positive. Have had that happen a few times.

Congrats are definitely in order. Way to go Danny! :)

DannyWeber
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by DannyWeber » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:35 pm

ResonantTone wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:42 am
My experience with tunesat is that it’s much more likely to miss a detection vs give a false positive. Have had that happen a few times.

Congrats are definitely in order. Way to go Danny! :)
Thank you Andrew!!
You have definitely had early success with TAXI and I appreciate your informed input, as always!!!
Your confirmation of this, makes me hopeful for future placements on the Cartoon Network! 5 placements in five nights for one track, makes me smile for at least one week or more LOL!!! :)
Needless to say, I will be watching Adult Swim tonight!

Thanks, Andrew!
Dan

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:54 am

If everything in your cue is unique ( i.e. no sample loops that could be used by someone else ) and the clip it sounds like the track you wrote, plus you know it's been signed by a Library then it's probably safe to break out the Champagne.

Tunesat now lets you hear the ten seconds either side of what it detected and in my experience what it picks up can often be only half or a third of the actual placement length.

Now comes the long wait for a PRO statement with it on !

Congrats.

Mark

DannyWeber
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by DannyWeber » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:25 pm

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:54 am
If everything in your cue is unique ( i.e. no sample loops that could be used by someone else ) and the clip it sounds like the track you wrote, plus you know it's been signed by a Library then it's probably safe to break out the Champagne.

Tunesat now lets you hear the ten seconds either side of what it detected and in my experience what it picks up can often be only half or a third of the actual placement length.

Now comes the long wait for a PRO statement with it on !

Congrats.

Mark
Man, the news just keeps getting better! Thanks, Mark!
I had another placement last night at 1:24 AM but I had already gone to bed.
I think it's being played at the commercial breaks because the episodes showing up in my account, are all re-runs of different programs... Family Guy, Rick and Morty, American Dad etc...

Definitely my track though because, when I listen to the TS clip.. there is no dialog on top of it and it's very clear. I'm really curious as to how it's being used and how much of it they are using.

Hope I can catch it tonight but I've been pretty busy and I'm very tired.

Thanks, Mark!
Dan