Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

VicMartinez
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: TV or Artist Placement?

Post by VicMartinez » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:53 am

ttully wrote:Hi Pat,

Very nice track! Great vox!

The early cymbal crashes are a little grating...at least to my ears.
Still a very nice track!
There very well could be a listing that this song would be perfect for.....

Good luck!

Tim
Whats up Tim. Def agree with the comment on the cymbals. Think thats gonna have to go. Thank you for taking time to check it out!

-Vic
Vic

VicMartinez
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by VicMartinez » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:55 am

nicotina wrote:This sounds really good to me- very professional and great singing. Hard to pin it to a genre- the sax and some guitar sounds make it sound retro like 80's, but I think it could easily be made country or contemporary rock with some tweaks. It's one of those versatile song formats.

Best,

Vince
Hey Vince,

That comment on it "sounding retro" really got me thinking. Thanks for that. I think this might end up helping me make this adjusments and set it in a definite direction.

Best,

-Vic
Vic

VicMartinez
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by VicMartinez » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:56 am

lesmac wrote:Nice! I get a Train, Rob Thomas sort of vibe. It is a bit of a troubadour for genre to me. Got a slight country feel...
I felt the same about the cymbals and the general room tone of the drums could be changed up a bit if you find a genre you want to attach this to.
I think the quiet voice of the vocalist [who is that?] could be enhanced a little to bring it forward and increase intelligibility esp the first word or two of lines. Maybe the piano could duck that a little too?
Maybe you will know where this song goes when the opportunity arises and you will know then what tweaks to make.
A nice one to have tucked away for a rainy day.

Whats up Les,

Thank you for the great feedback as always man! Im going to present all this points to Dan so we can readjust accordingly in the mix

Take care bro

-Vic
Vic

VicMartinez
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by VicMartinez » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:57 am

johnlewitt wrote:Great vocal. Good song. Sounds like a clean demo.

Does it work for TV? No. No one wants a song with a female's name in it, let alone a song where the title is someone's name.

Now if a TV show introduced a main character with the name Dakota....

haha after reading some of the other feedback I think this is a def no go for Film/TV. Gonna make readjustments to make it more suitable for artist placement. Thank you for the feedback dude!

-Vic
Vic