TV theme & 450+ placements… // Thank you!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jeffgreenleaf
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: TV theme & 450+ placements… // Thank you!

Post by jeffgreenleaf » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:20 pm

Huge congrats!! 450 and counting!

crystallions
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crystallions » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:31 pm

davewalton wrote:I wish there was a party emoticon... I'd paste the whole page with them! Congratulations Lydia! 8-)
That would have been fun! :lol: Thank you so much Dave! You were one of the first people to help me out once I joined the forum and for that I am forever thankful.
guitaroboe wrote:Lydia!

you're so right when you say that success was 'right around the corner' for you! You are a truly gifted musician
and a wonderful human being. This is just the beginning...

continued success to you

your friend

Adonis
Thank you Adonis. That means a lot! I am still bummed I missed you at the Rally, but hopefully we'll meet next year. It has been awesome to hear about your successes as well. Those commercials your music has been used for are awesome.

aldicicco wrote:Hi Lydia,

Wow! This is an inspiration to all of us!

Best wishes for continued success,

Al
Thank you Al!!! You know, I have always read the success stories of others dreaming of the day when I will have something to share. Even though it has taken years to get to where I am it feels as if it happened over night. You never know when you will get a deal - it can happen when you the least expect it. :)

Never got a chance to say it at the Rally (as I told someone else about the Rally - too many people, too little time) but I really enjoyed when you played the accordion. My mom plays the accordion so it has a special place in my heart. :) It was a lot of fun and sounded beautiful! :)
stevebarden wrote:A big congrats to you, Lydia! You earned it because you are talented. Rock on!

Steve
Thank you Steve - yet another wonderful composer who was one of the first to help me on the forum. (and who very graciously proofread my score over Christmas break when the orchestra was going to perform it. (and gave me some really good advice on how to improve the piece) Thank you!!!) :)

brandonamatias wrote:WOW Lydia! Absolutely incredible! Congrats to you! It was great to meet you at the rally btw! :D
Thank you! :) It feels unreal but very exciting! :) It was great to meet you too!! :)
mazz wrote:Fantastic! I'm so happy for you, Lydia! You are hitting your goals with gusto!!

Mazz
Mazz - you are such an inspiration to me - Thank you!!! I remember telling you just some few months ago how I feel I just started on this journey. I must say it took a huge jump forward with this. So exciting!
theharper wrote:Hi Lydia,

Congrats to you!

Thank you for sharing this with us. I feel very inspired. I wish you continued success!

Keep up the Most Excellent Work!!!!

Peace,
Thank you so much Jay! That means a lot! :)
Casey H wrote:Only 450+?? Slacker!! :lol: :shock:

Fantastic, Lydia... You are an inspiration to all of us!

Wishing you mucho continued success,
8-) Casey
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you Casey!!!
wickedsmaht wrote:Holy crow, what amazing news! Congratulations!
Thank you so much Jonathan!!! :)
Lydia L. Ashton

http://www.lydiaashton.com

"To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist." - Robert Schumann

crystallions
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crystallions » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:33 pm

jeffgreenleaf wrote:Huge congrats!! 450 and counting!
Thank you so much Jeff! :) I don't think I had a chance to tell you but it was great to see you on the panel at the Rally. It has been great to follow all of your successes these last couple of years as well. :)
Lydia L. Ashton

http://www.lydiaashton.com

"To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist." - Robert Schumann

deankripp
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by deankripp » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:00 pm

It couldn't be happening to a sweeter person :-)

Congrats Lydia... I'm sure that you will be up to 1000 placements by Christmas... (or more) ;-)

So good to meet you at the Rally - keep the great music rolling

dean

jparker
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jparker » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:04 pm

What a great Story - very inspiring to us all!

onelight24
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by onelight24 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:14 pm

Hi Lydia, this is a truly inspiring story to hear for so many of us praying & working towards something even remotely similar! Thank you for sharing this little chapter of your life at this moment! I am positive as you perceive it to be huge today, tomorrow something far more will come your way, which would make this, seem minute!

Congratulations & Continued success to you!

Cheers,
Vincent!

Cat Herder
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Cat Herder » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:00 pm

During the whole process you were under such pressure. There were times I could see the fatigue in your face (Thanks to Skype), but you never gave up. The demands were sometimes superhuman, and we both had sleepless nights, but you always face the difficulities with a smile, even when I knew that was very difficult. Since then you have become the poster child at our other client in fanfares. Talent like yours does not come stumbeling through my door every day. You have worked hard, under difficult circumstances (Mazz and others know what I am talking about, remember the Hip Hop Olympic theme Mazz). Lydia you deserve this as much as any other writer has ever deserved success. I am so proud of you.
Last edited by Cat Herder on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carpe Diem

bigbluebarry
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bigbluebarry » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:15 pm

I have to share a little story with everyone about Lydia's recent success... She and I flew out to the Rally together and sat next to each on the flight out there. I don't remember everything we talked about, but I know at one point we were talking about this particular show that she has had all of these placements on. I have also been blessed to have a number of placements on this same show (60 and counting!) but nowhere near the amount that Lydia has had. But during our flight out there, not one time did she mention the overall number of placements that she had had on the show.

We got to the hotel, checked into our rooms, etc... then started chatting it up with some new and familiar faces in the lobby of the hotel. During these conversations I'm getting to share about the recent success of placements that I've had over the last 5 weeks on that particular show, during which Lydia never says a word about her own.

A little while later, she and I decide to get something to eat so we walk on down the street to Dennys. As we're sitting at the table, Lydia looks at me and says in her wonderful Swedish accent, "Barry... can I tell you something?" I was like "Sure, Lydia, you can tell me something." She then says "I've had over 300 placements on the xxxx xxxxxx show!!!!!!!" with the excitement and giddiness of a child opening up presents at Christmas time! I was like "You've had what!?!?!?!?!?!??!" I couldn't believe it! I had to keep asking her "So you're saying over 300 placements in the last 5 weeks!??!?!??!?" I could not have been happier for her! My next question was "Why didn't you tell everybody that back at the hotel!?!?!?!??!" She said she really wasn't sure how to share that news.

If you've met Lydia then you know how sweet and humble of a person she truly is, especially considering the enormous talent that she possesses. Since she didn't necessarily feel comfortable sharing her placement success story with everyone, I told her that I was going to make it my personal mission to share it for her anytime we were near. And what a joy it was to be able to do that! :-)

So Lydia my friend, congrats again for all of your recent successes and for all of the ones I'm sure you're going to have in the future! You have earned it!

- Big Blue
Imagine a steel cage match between Daughtry, Coldplay, Paramore and Demon Hunter with Joe Satriani as the referee...

http://www.taxi.com/bigbluebarry
http://www.bigbluebarry.com
http://www.twitter.com/bigbluebarry

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by allends » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:41 pm

Barry is telling the purest truth about this dear-dear kind soul!

There are times when I think Lydia Ashton is all good things rolled into one! She is the greatest friend, the hardest worker, the deepest feeling person, the most radiantly spiritual person, the biggest giver, the prettiest woman, the sweetest mom, the most loving/loyal spouse, the most hopeful dreamer, and the most talented well-deserving artist!

In today's Taxi listing she gave me credit for connecting her with the publisher who provided her this opportunity. That was very-very kind of Lydia, but the honest truth is she would have easily gotten connected without my encouragement. Awesomeness like hers does not go un-noticed!!!

Continued good fortune to you, Lydia! You are the most inspiring person I know!

~Allen

rnrmachine
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by rnrmachine » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:28 am

Wonderful story, I read the whole thread... it makes me so happy to see people doing the things in life they enjoy while achieving success. I wish you ALL more and more success as well!!!

Rob
http://www.taxi.com/johnsteskal
Sonar X1 PE Expanded on a Windows 7 64bit system.
Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
Thermaltake PSU 500watts can run 5 SATA
Asus P5QL PRO Mboard with 4GB of Ram
Radeon X1650 512MB Ram
WD Blue HDrives. OS, Sample, Audio.