TV theme & 450+ placements… // Thank you!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Cruciform
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: TV theme & 450+ placements… // Thank you!

Post by Cruciform » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:21 am

Amazing, Lydia! Well done, well done and well done. :D

crystallions
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crystallions » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:00 am

@ deankripp -- Thank you! :) 1000 placements sounds good... :D

It was great meeting you too. ( ... and it was great to find that you smile as much in real life as it seems like you do based on your status updates... :D )

@Jeff -- Thank you so much! :)

@Vincent -- Thank you Vincent! Yes, it wasn't long ago this was a dream and a prayer which seemed far off - but here I am. All those small steps I kept taking moving forward added up to this journey - lead me to this place. With the risk of sounding like one of those books with "wise words about life" - keep pushing forward because the deal you are praying and working toward may be around the next corner. :)
Last edited by crystallions on Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lydia L. Ashton

http://www.lydiaashton.com

"To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist." - Robert Schumann

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:06 am

It's the quiet ones you gotta watch for! :lol:

An amazing story and you are an incredibly lovely and inspiring person, Lydia!

Warmest,
:) Casey

crystallions
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crystallions » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:14 am

@Cat Herder

I told Michael that there was only one thing I regretted from the Rally and that was that I did not find him and shake his hand. There is actually one more thing I regret. That is that I did not say anything to you in front of the group when I had a chance. I didn't because I knew I would cry - but this time I will take a moment to share my thoughts... I told you some of this at the Rally, but I want others to know as well.

Thank you for all you do for your composers. Thank you for all you've done for me. Every year around New Years I write down my goals and dreams for the coming year, for the next 5 years, and for the next 10 years. Two years ago I wrote down "Write music for TV" and that was the year I signed with you. Last New Year I wrote "Land a Theme for a TV show" and that happened this year. Over the last year you have taught me lots about the business and brought me some amazing opportunities. I have seen you fight for your composers (couldn't have a better boss) and I know you are just and fair in how you deal with things. I am so happy that through TAXI (and Allen) I came in contact with you.

Thank you for the comment you have left here. It means the world.

Thank you!
Last edited by crystallions on Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lydia L. Ashton

"To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist." - Robert Schumann

crystallions
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crystallions » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:24 am

@ Barry

Thank you dear friend! One of my favorite memories from the Rally is actually the time you told someone this story and you were speaking with a Swedish accent. :lol: Thank you for being such an awesome friend. :)

@ Allen

Dear Allen.... Thank you for your kind words and for the friendship. I am so blessed to know you. Don't know how to say what I want to so I will simply say once more... Thank you!

@rnrmachine

Thank you so much!!! :)
Lydia L. Ashton

crystallions
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crystallions » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:26 am

@Rob --

Thank you, thank you, and thank you! :D

@Casey --

:lol: That's right!

Thank you Casey! :)
Lydia L. Ashton

kurtkreimier
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by kurtkreimier » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:39 am

All I can say is WOW!!! Lydia, it was really great meeting and talking to you at the Rally. You are indeed an outstanding talent and one of the nicest people I have met, as well as an inspiration and example of excellence. Congratulations!!! :D

crystallions
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crystallions » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:40 am

kurtkreimier wrote:All I can say is WOW!!! Lydia, it was really great meeting and talking to you at the Rally. You are indeed an outstanding talent and one of the nicest people I have met, as well as an inspiration and example of excellence. Congratulations!!! :D
Thank you so much Kurt! That means a lot! It was really great meeting you as well - and I was very excited to hear about your contract! :)
Lydia L. Ashton

llama
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by llama » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:34 am

Congrats Lydia....What a great example of talent+persistence = results...... So at this rate I guess next month we'll be celebrating your 1000th placement...

Derek.

hazineju
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by hazineju » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:16 am

bigbluebarry wrote: If you've met Lydia then you know how sweet and humble of a person she truly is, especially considering the enormous talent that she possesses.

That was my impression too! Lydia it was so wonderful to meet you, and I am so happy for you! Many heartfelt congratulations!!!