Two Forwards from First Submission

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

tomaragon
Impressive
Impressive

Two Forwards from First Submission

Post by tomaragon » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:44 am

Hi:I’m fairly new here as a Taxi Member although I have read a lot of postings before I joined a few weeks ago.My first submissions on Taxi went well. Two songs were accepted out of the three I submitted.The reviewer said “All the tracks fit with the listing's requirements well but the last piece had a serious audio glitch” My Bad! I should’ve checked all the files thoroughly. Now I know better. I have since gone back and updated the file that had the glitch.Here is the listing;A wide range of MEDITATION / NEW AGE ARTISTS with FULL LENGTH ALBUMS are needed by a West Coast-based Music Publisher who typically supplies music to companies such as Muzak (tracks for retail shops, restaurants, malls, etc.). For this project, they're acting as an agent to distribute your CD to large retail stores such as Wal-Mart, Costco, etc. to be included in specific CD sections of the store (in the check-out aisles, for example). They're open to many styles of Meditation music such as Ambient, Spiritual, Relaxation, Healing, and Nature. They are NOT looking for pop New Age such as Enya. Your CD must be mixed and mastered, but it is not necessary that you have a large amount of CDs or artwork (though it's preferred). Broadcast quality needed.These are the songs that I submitted.(Caution the last 2 tracks are very long and the second track is live .)Dance of the WatersThe CrownSetting Sun

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Two Forwards from First Submission

Post by allends » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:20 am

Quote:Hi:I’m fairly new here as a Taxi Member although I have read a lot of postings before I joined a few weeks ago.My first submissions on Taxi went well. Hey Tom,I have been interested to see how you would do as a Taxi member because I recognized your name from before you joined this forum. Congrats!! I had a strong feeling you would do well!Here's to more success!!-Allen

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:40 pm

Tom,That's amazing for your very first submission. Huge Congrats.My guess is there will be more postings like this in the future.Ted
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

squids
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by squids » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:31 am

Tom! So glad you got this forward and on your very first submission! Well done! I was sorry to hear about the audio glitch. I know that would've made me grind my teeth too.

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:25 am

Wow, a foward on your first submission....my hat is off to you, Tom, and congrats!

ciskokidd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ciskokidd » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:36 pm

Well done Tom!That is a wonderful achievement! Congratulations and a Happy New Year!Cisco

tinozigzag
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tinozigzag » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:46 am

Well done Tom, this is magnifick!!!!!Tino

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:32 am

Hey Tom,You've obviously been at it for a while and "around the block" a few times so I feel safe in speculating a little about the future without fear of causing you to stop working to wait for "the big slam". . Walking down the aisle at Costco or Wal-Mart and seeing a "Tom Aragon" section via a Taxi forward... how cool would that be? Really nice music. Dave

paults
Impressive
Impressive

Post by paults » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:55 am

Very nice work. congrats!

ragani
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ragani » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:55 pm

Quote:Walking down the aisle at Costco or Wal-Mart and seeing a "Tom Aragon" section via a Taxi forward... how cool would that be? Hey Tom, Congratulations on your forwards! I'm with Dave on that one-- you've got some great music, and I know you're in it for the long haul, so I will look forward to reading many more posts by you in the Success Stories. Your tracks are lovely-- very smooth and flowing, a good natural feeling. You said "The Crown" was recorded live? Interesting... I'm trying to imagine how that would look on stage... Even though you said you are fairly new to TAXI, I fully expect that you will be passing some of us up on your way to some great deals in 2008. Keep us posted! Raags
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it..." - Goethe
http://www.RaganiWorld.com - Turn the World to Love®
http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.php?artist=ragani