Two returns for metal brief

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Two returns for metal brief

Post by BradleyHagen » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:50 am

Well...... The first one turned out to be a cool song, but I got WAY off base from the ref tracks,,I told the singer that this one has ZERO chance of a forward lol,,, It happens sometimes. You get into the creative flow, and lose sight of the goal at hand!

TRACK: "ALL I WANTED (FEAT. JAY STEVENS) https://www.taxi.com/members/DVGQpc37Tk ... y-stevens-
FEEDBACK: https://www.taxi.com/members/DVGQpc37Tk ... PL5CxL8z_g

IF a 90's grunge style listing comes along again, I will definitely resubmit!! LOL

The second one is a bit strange though....

TRACK: "STARTING OVER (FEAT. JAY STEVENS)" https://www.taxi.com/members/DVGQpc37Tk ... y-stevens-
FEEDBACK: https://www.taxi.com/members/DVGQpc37Tk ... w7hP6tXzsA

This track is pretty hard and heavy, and has "thunderous drums" on it....not sure what to make of this return, but any comments good or bad are welcome!

ANd here is the listing:

Lots of METAL / HARD ROCK SONGS with Male vocals are needed by a very active Production Music Library with lots of placements on MAJOR networks!

This Company is searching for quite a number of Songs that could be found on a playlist with the following references:

"Enter Sandman" by Metallica

"72 Seasons" by Metallica

"Symphony Of Destruction" by Megadeth

"Hail To The King" by Avenged Sevenfold

NOTE: This Company is open to hearing both high-quality vintage recordings (recorded back in the day), OR recently recorded Songs in the general production style of the references.

Please send in original Metal / Hard Rock Songs with the same riff-heavy, powerful sound as the references! Your submissions should have intense melodies, hard-hitting rhythms, excellent musicianship, and well-written lyrics. Aggressive and memorable guitar riffs, thunderous drum beats, and raw, brutal energy are all needed! Heavy Metal instrumentation that's in the general wheelhouse of the reference Songs will work best. Please make sure that any virtual instruments or samples you use are high-quality and sound truly believable. Well-performed and intense vocal deliveries that are full of grit, attitude, and confidence could help you seal the deal.

Important: This company is specifically looking for Metal Songs that stylistically align well with the references! (i.e. Doom, Nu-metal, or other similar off-shoots aren't going to work here.)

Lyrics should avoid references to specific names, dates, times, places, brands, and profanity. Do NOT copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal. You’ll split any upfront sync fees 50/50. They’ll get 100% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll get 100% of the Writer’s share. You must own or control your Masters and Copyright. Since this is an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is NOT already signed with other Libraries or Catalogs. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Tuesday, March 19th, 2024. TAXI # S240319EL
Bradley Hagen Productions
Bradley Hagen (702) 513-5320
www.bradleyhagenproductions.com

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Two returns for metal brief

Post by Casey H » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:22 am

Hmmmm.... I don't agree with the screener on that 2nd track. Not hearing it like the screener said here:
"I didn't hear the kind of thunderous drumbeats or brutal energy on display in the reference tracks. The vocals also had a bit more of a glam vibe than hardcore metal"
I thought it was very worthy of the forward. Nice job! :mrgreen:

I don't listen to metal and my ears might not be as good as others. I'm curious what others have to say.

Best,
:D Casey

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:09 am

Casey H wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:22 am
Hmmmm.... I don't agree with the screener on that 2nd track. Not hearing it like the screener said here:
"I didn't hear the kind of thunderous drumbeats or brutal energy on display in the reference tracks. The vocals also had a bit more of a glam vibe than hardcore metal"
I thought it was very worthy of the forward. Nice job! :mrgreen:

I don't listen to metal and my ears might not be as good as others. I'm curious what others have to say.

Best,
:D Casey
I am curious to hear what was forwarded! I do not understand the drums comments either, and the vocals?? I don't know....They sound pretty "metal" to me.

boinkeee2000
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by boinkeee2000 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:49 am

as a metalhead growing up, id consider the 2nd track more on the motley crue camp rather than glam (although others might categorize them in there). great song nevertheless and definitely usable for sync, to me it just lacked the "djent", double bass, and dark\sinister vibes of those artists mentioned

WSAO
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by WSAO » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:29 pm

First track is awesome, I know is more grunge but is great!
Maybe the second like boinkee said is more to Judas Priest style than Metallica, hard to understand sometimes.

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:10 am

I appreciate the feedback guys - Thanks.... Rather then bugging CP the head screener, I think I will just move on to the next thing! At least one cool song came out of this, and maybe it works for a different brief? Who Knows?

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:45 am

BradleyHagen wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:10 am
I appreciate the feedback guys - Thanks.... Rather then bugging CP the head screener, I think I will just move on to the next thing! At least one cool song came out of this, and maybe it works for a different brief? Who Knows?
The right attitude. :D That's the great thing about writing to listings. You end up with solid tracks that can be usable elsewhere even if not forwarded for the particular listing. Think of it as audition. If Jennifer Lawrence auditioned for a movie part and didn't get it, it would mean she was not right for THAT part, not that she still isn't a great actress and would be perfect for other parts.

I, like many, have songs that never got a Taxi forward and ended up later signed and placed on TV. Even more important is I have songs that were rejected by good libraries and later signed and placed by others. It's often not a matter of good or bad but a matter of fit for that situation.

Write, Submit, Forget, Repeat. (At my age "Forget" comes naturally)
Casey

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by funsongs » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:29 pm

I've heard of, and seen (in the Tower of London, or other museum exhibits) a 'coat of mail'...
but I don't recall ever seeing a pair of 'metal briefs'. Sounds a wee bit uncomfortable.
:? :shock: :o 8-) :mrgreen:

"There goes that happy man, wearing his 'Calvin Klinks'..."
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:54 pm

funsongs wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:29 pm
I've heard of, and seen (in the Tower of London, or other museum exhibits) a 'coat of mail'...
but I don't recall ever seeing a pair of 'metal briefs'. Sounds a wee bit uncomfortable.

Going through airport screening really sucks with them! :lol:

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by funsongs » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:43 pm

Casey H wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:54 pm
funsongs wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:29 pm

Going through airport screening really sucks with them! :lol:
"Pity the TSA fool with backward intentions!"
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra