Two songs actively looking for a genre

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

peterwhitearchive

Two songs actively looking for a genre

Post by peterwhitearchive » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:22 am

Hi everyone,Here are two songs looking for a genre label. My critiques so far have had 'not right for this listing' comments often. Can anyone suggest a genre label and/or similiar artist for these two numbers? Much appreciated. Any other comments regarding the writing, arrangements, performance, lyrics and production are even more appreciated. Links and lyrics are below.Peter White http://www.peterwhitearchive.com/downlo ... you.mp3All My LoveWalkin’ by your house just yesterdayI saw you look outsideLooked a little closer at your pretty little faceI saw a look so sadI did jump and dance for youBut you didn’t see me, you never see menow what’s a boy to doYou wanna see somethin’look at my faceYou’ll see somethingyou can’t replaceTry, you can try butyou can’t eraseChorusMy love for youIt’s all I really want to doIs give my lovin’ to youNo charge, no duty, no taxes, new or usedJust all my love for youWalkin’ down the street late last nightI saw a girl, she looked sweetLooked a little closer at her pretty little face,said, “oh this cannot be”And I did cartwheels in the airbut, you didn’t see me, you never see meand I don’t think it’s fairYou wanna see somethin’look at my faceYou’ll see somethingyou can’t replaceTry, you can try butyou can’t eraseChorusPeter White © 1995You, You, YouYou’ve got eyes in the back of your headYou’re gonna get me alive or deadYou’ve got hunter’s eyes to seeYou’re gonna make a meal of meChorusAh you, you pull me throughyou, it’s what you doYou fill my hearttear it apartYou put me in jail,jump my bailYou’re guaranteedand that’s what I need,you, you, you.I am feeling, all aloneYou have turned me into stoneI’d pray the lord my soul to takebut it’s easier to wait for . . . ChorusBridgeWho can make me write this letter?Who can leave me feeling better, better, better? It’s . . . ChorusPeter White © 1995

woods

Re: Two songs actively looking for a genre

Post by woods » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:23 am

Fun sounding reggae/dance style. Uplifting and positive lyrical content.well constructed, arranged and produced, and performed. You know 9 times out of 10 most everything can be tightened and refined- Hook wise sooner and more often etc. But with songs like thesethe finish is so close that the labor would have to be questioned without going back to the proverbial drawing board.They've been around since 1995? Where have they been in the mean time?Woods

peterwhitearchive

Re: Two songs actively looking for a genre

Post by peterwhitearchive » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:55 am

Thanks for your response, I really appreciate the thoughtful feedback. The songs have been around a long time because by '95 I was knee deep in a young family of three kids and a career as a music guitar and recording high school teacher . The muse was way ahead of the man you might say. I should clarify that although the writing dates back to then, the recording has happened over the last several weeks. Thanks again for your input.Peter