UNFORGIVEN SINS!!!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ragan

UNFORGIVEN SINS!!!

Post by ragan » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:46 am

So here's my success story:I joined Taxi in October '05 and went to the Road Rally where I met fellow Taxi member Stanley Rogers. I was rummaging through the submission boxes, hoping to find my CD when we struck up a conversation. I gave him my CD and we kept in touch after the convention. Stan ended up passing my CD along to a friend of his who was doing an independent film called "Unforgiven Sins". Long story short, half of my new album is being used as part of the soundtrack for the movie. Stan and I even got a cameo in one of the scenes! So, although this opportunity did not come directly from Taxi, Taxi did provide an opportunity for a New Yorker to network with a Californian and ultimately get 5 songs placed in a film!

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: UNFORGIVEN SINS!!!

Post by davewalton » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:55 am

That's a cool story. There are a lot of opportunities that come about as an "indirect" result of Taxi. And of course I use the term "indirect" loosely. This falls into the category of "doing the work and letting the results take care of themselves". Too many people would never have kept in touch or followed up and an opportunity would have slipped by without them even knowing it.Good for you!Dave

ragan

Post by ragan » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:04 pm

Thanks Dave!!

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:54 pm

Well...that's a great story...lots of people overlook things like that. It's not all about the listings and forwards. Really...connections can be a great resource. Connections made at the Road Rally. Even connections made right here on this board.Congratulations to you!matto

mani
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mani » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:52 pm

Congratulations Ragan. That's wonderful. Hope the movie is a smash too!

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:00 pm

Hey congratulations! How cool is that!cheersHummin'bird
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

ragan

Post by ragan » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:41 am

Thanks for the love everybody!!!

stanley

Post by stanley » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:51 pm

I'm glad to see that more than a handful of y'all have reviewed Ragan's success story for the Unforgiven Sins Movie. At this year's Road Rally, one of panelist talked about how important it is for members to not only look out for their own opportunities, but for other artists as well. In my year-and-half with Taxi, I have been astounded by the level and number of incredibly talented songwriters, singers, and musicians I met at the two conferences I have attended. I am truly gratified that I was able to help somebody out, and I never thought it would help me out at the same time. I was Ragan's guitarist in the movie scene she spoke about. I am also hopeful that the producer will also use of my songs in Unforgiven Sins!!!!! Stanley