Unused tracks in a music library over 10 years

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Unused tracks in a music library over 10 years

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:27 am

CTWF wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:38 pm
Typically, when I start producing, I pull out an old file of the same or of a similar genre and start modifying it.
I think you'd learn more if you just started each cue from scratch and played new parts each time.

georginasaint
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by georginasaint » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:21 am

Hi again everyone, I see this thread took on a bit of a twist. I can do either way - open an old file, delete everything and write something new, or start from scratch.
I have to say when I start in a "template" situation, I usually end up changing all the instrumentation and I might just as well have started from scratch.
Interesting discussion.
Every time I go to post on here, the forum says I've got the wrong password. I have to wait a day or two and try again and finally it decides my password is correct (it's a saved one, I'm not typing it).
I've emailed Taxi - 3 or 4 days ago now - but no response.

Georgie

boinkeee2000
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by boinkeee2000 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:09 pm

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:27 am
CTWF wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:38 pm
Typically, when I start producing, I pull out an old file of the same or of a similar genre and start modifying it.
I think you'd learn more if you just started each cue from scratch and played new parts each time.
+1, i have tried that approach to "streamline" my workflow numerous times to lackluster results...last time i tried this was a few months ago for an album brief (short deadline thus went this route), they ended up grabbing only 1 out of the 5 subs, said they liked all but sounded "too similar". thats just my exp in relation to my processes, YMMV