Upbeat Songs For TV Ad Forward

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

peeyo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Upbeat Songs For TV Ad Forward

Post by peeyo » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:52 pm

Pulled an all nighter and got my song "Shred These Streets" forwarded. Although I woke up the next day and really regretted giving it that title. I came up with another chorus completely and called it "Get Up, Get Out." But I don't think they heard the new version, so I am shocked :o that it got the nod.....but thankful. You just never know.
The version on my Taxi page has the new chorus, I'd really rather not have anyone hear the original ;) But if you want to hear it, I'll upload it to Soundcloud.

Y120127IR

Top-Notch Music Placement/Licensing Company U-R-G-E-N-T-L-Y needs an EXTREMELY FUN and UPBEAT INDIE ROCK SONG for a TV Commercial. Quoting them: "We need super fun, high energy, quirky Indie Rock SONGS with a little deviance," a la: The Rumble Strips - Alarm Clock Ðhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRTD-FtSQpI Dirty Pretty Things - Bang Bang You're Dead Ðhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2Fb4cEVyLU The Kooks - Be Mine Ðhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqsDp-GvGIQ As always, DO NOT rip-off or copy the referenced artists in any way, shape or form. Use them ONLY as a guide for tempo, texture, and vibe. Your TRACKS should be at LEAST 2 Minutes in length and most DEFINITELY need to be FUN, high energy, and uptempo! The company adds, "Lyrically, we're looking for something quirky and fun! Having a good time, acting nuts, being adventurous, going on a caper, etc. are all themes that could work for this. No love songs!" All submissions need to be Broadcast Quality (excellent home recordings are fine). NO samples of other artists allowed for this pitch. The ESTIMATED PAYMENT for this placement is $30,000-$50,000. YOU WILL KEEP 70% of that fee, and you will NOT give up ANY of your master, publishing and writer's share! You must own or control 100% of the Master and Composition rights to submit for this listing. Broadcast Quality is needed (excellent home recordings are fine.) NO SAMPLES of other songs or artists can be incorporated into your track. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS by a person Hand-Picked by the listing company. ALL submissions must be received no later than 9:30 am (PST) Friday, January 27th, 2012. TAXI # Y120127IR

solmack
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Upbeat Songs For TV Ad Forward

Post by solmack » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:06 pm

Congrats Paul

I got one forwarded as well.

Mark

peeyo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by peeyo » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:10 pm

Thanks Mark. Which one did you have forwarded?

solmack
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by solmack » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:15 pm

Hey Paul.

The Time of Your Life got forwarded.

Like you I pulled an all nighter and the next morning finished the mix but had major ear fatigue. Wasn't totally happy with the mix but had to get it in! It got the nod so I am happy but I still re-mixed it today....

Peace,
Mark

gklosner
Impressive
Impressive

Post by gklosner » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:10 pm

Nice job, Paul! Fits the "fun, indie" vibe they asked for. And I actually like the title "Shred These Streets" - that's speaks volumes. Congrats!

Mark Crozer
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Mark Crozer » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:26 pm

Congrats again Paul! You must be on the way to being Taxi's most forwarded artist by now!

Watch today's Taxi TV. It was a Peeyo love-fest! :lol:

Your song was played twice and unsurprisingly people were raving about it. You nailed it!

Mark

peeyo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by peeyo » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:39 pm

Thanks Mark, Gene and Mark!
I was watching the Taxi tv. Couldn't log in to the chat room for some reason though...... :(
I had no faith in this one getting a forward. You never know when something is gonna strike a chord :D

PO

rpittelman
Impressive
Impressive

Post by rpittelman » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:57 pm

Congrats again Paul.

So when do we get to see you posting about all of these songs getting used in some of these ads that you keep getting forwards for?? What's up with that :)

Best of luck again. Nice work as always

-Robbie

solmack
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by solmack » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:20 pm

Wow, it sounds like the sup picked your song! Great job Paul.

Brett Dennen? HMMM!

Best of luck.

peeyo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by peeyo » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:29 am

I don't think the music sup actually picked the song, he just singled it out as his favorite of the bunch. Wait and see. On to writing more tunes :D