UPDATE: SONG STATUS (Nominated for Song of the Year~JMA's) First Love, Last Love

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

SteveAlton
Active
Active
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:07 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

UPDATE: SONG STATUS (Nominated for Song of the Year~JMA's) First Love, Last Love

Post by SteveAlton » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:55 am

I just got some incredible news to share...The Josie Music Awards just announced the nomination of "First Love, Last Love" for Song of the Year for Contemporary Country. I also received a nomination for Male Artist of the Year for Modern Country. The JMA Awards will be held at The Dolly Parton Celebrity Theatre in Dollywood, Tennessee September 5, 2020.. They received 30,007 entries...

Wanted to share this news with my TAXI family...https://youtu.be/INdGbp8RDhU


First Love, Last Love
© 2019 Steve Altonian

Moonlight dances upon your hair
Your eyes light up the sky
I slip your hand inside of mine
You hold me tight and smile a little smile

I feel your heart beating underneath my skin
I kiss your tender lips and whisper in your ear

First love, last love
Sharing dreams and memories
First love, last love
Sometimes baby, love is meant to be

I’ve come to call you my best friend
You’re a candle to my soul
A yellow rose in the desert snow
I have grown from the seeds you’ve sown

Girl you know me a bit better than myself
You gently show me exactly who I am

First love, last love
Sharing dreams and memories
First love, last love
Sometimes baby, love is meant to be

BRIDGE
Still can taste that first kiss
It gets sweeter and sweeter all the time
You’re my favorite song
My love keeps burning strong…….for you

First love, last love
Sharing dreams and memories
First love, last love
Sometimes baby, love is meant to be
Sometimes baby, love is meant to be...
Last edited by SteveAlton on Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:59 am, edited 7 times in total.

SteveAlton
Active
Active
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:07 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: First Love, Last Love (FINAL MASTER)

Post by SteveAlton » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:06 am

Just got the Final Master back....

I am on the look-out to see who is making a film where I can pitch this for a TITLE track....

Thoughts anyone?

SteveAlton
Active
Active
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:07 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: First Love, Last Love (TITLE TRACK for film?)

Post by SteveAlton » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:33 pm

Thought on my tune anyone?

DannyWeber
Committed Musician
Committed Musician
Posts: 942
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:48 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: First Love, Last Love (TITLE TRACK for film?)

Post by DannyWeber » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:10 am

SteveAlton wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:55 am
Something I wrote recently. I'm a Country Artist so I decided to go all in on this....I sing the lead VOX & lend a hand to the female background vocalist in spots I felt needed beefing up.

Looking to get this into film as a TITLE TRACK
Hi Steve,

Great writing, great production/mixing/mastering, great hook and great vocals as well but as many can tell you here on these forums.. shooting for the TITLE TRACK in a film is a very high bar to set for yourself.

Also..
I haven't seen any TAXI listings for slow Country ballads, in quite a while. Slow Country ballads don't fair too well in Sync Licensing these days.. Sorry Steve. More upbeat Country might work better.

While I think it's a great song and well done, I think you should concentrate more on signing it with a Music Library first and letting them take it from there.

Again..
Great job on the song all around and I hope you find a good home for it soon!


Dan
https://www.taxi.com/members/danweber

Go your own way! Out of necessity, drive, gumption, whatever.. don't let anyone tell you you can't!
It's not what goes into your music that's important, it's what comes out the speakers

LamarPecorino
Serious Musician
Serious Musician
Posts: 1152
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Austin, Texas
Contact:

Re: First Love, Last Love (TITLE TRACK for film?)

Post by LamarPecorino » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:05 pm

Very heartwarming song, Steve. Congratulations!

Country songs have not been used as title tracks in feature films very often. That being said, I believe that it is a commercially viable track. I can imagine it being used in a film. However, I can easily hear this being used in a Hallmark or similar network movie.
Onward and upward!
Lamar

“We set sail on this new sea because there is new knowledge to be gained" JFK

SteveAlton
Active
Active
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:07 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: First Love, Last Love (TITLE TRACK for film?)

Post by SteveAlton » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:19 am

DannyWeber wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:10 am
SteveAlton wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:55 am
Something I wrote recently. I'm a Country Artist so I decided to go all in on this....I sing the lead VOX & lend a hand to the female background vocalist in spots I felt needed beefing up.

Looking to get this into film as a TITLE TRACK
Hi Steve,

Great writing, great production/mixing/mastering, great hook and great vocals as well but as many can tell you here on these forums.. shooting for the TITLE TRACK in a film is a very high bar to set for yourself.

Also..
I haven't seen any TAXI listings for slow Country ballads, in quite a while. Slow Country ballads don't fair too well in Sync Licensing these days.. Sorry Steve. More upbeat Country might work better.

While I think it's a great song and well done, I think you should concentrate more on signing it with a Music Library first and letting them take it from there.

Again..
Great job on the song all around and I hope you find a good home for it soon!


Dan
Yeah, I always set that bar crazy high.....I'm crazy like that

The biggest thing with being under inspiration is when I am creating crafting a song, it is like I am under divine direction, at least for me. It's not motivation, it is inspiration: 1 entirely different things. When it comes to "marketing" & "getting my stuff out there" never had that kind of inspiration. It is always motivation...Hmmmm, I think I need someone who is inspired in that area to handle that and concentrate on what I do best. Sing & write

User avatar
CTWF
Serious Musician
Serious Musician
Posts: 1557
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:02 am
Gender: Male
Location: Nowitzki's place of birth
Contact:

Re: First Love, Last Love (TITLE TRACK for film?)

Post by CTWF » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:07 am

Great song, Steve! I hope it will find a good home.

Tom
https://soundcloud.com/ctwf My sh1t is straight FIRE! d;-o

SteveAlton
Active
Active
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:07 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: First Love, Last Love (TITLE TRACK for film?)

Post by SteveAlton » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:05 am

LamarPecorino wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:05 pm
Very heartwarming song, Steve. Congratulations!

Country songs have not been used as title tracks in feature films very often. That being said, I believe that it is a commercially viable track. I can imagine it being used in a film. However, I can easily hear this being used in a Hallmark or similar network movie.
Interesting concept....Yeah, this needs to go to one of the "lady" channels. I used to watch LIFETIME alot with my daughters and the ex...They loved these channels...

As an Artist, I don't want to really "pitch" this tune as another to record if I can help it. I want "my" version out there...I guess deep down inside that is what I really want. I just need to recognize the best vehicle for it.

Thanks for your input

SteveAlton
Active
Active
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:07 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: First Love, Last Love (CHORUS in a Jewelry Commercial?)

Post by SteveAlton » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:26 pm

So I got this brainstorm today to pitch the CHORUS to Jewelry Companies like Kay Jewelers or Jareds for a commercial...What do you think????

CHORUS starts at :50

First Love, Last Love
Sharing dreams and memories
First Love, Last Love
Sometimes baby, love is meant to be

User avatar
CTWF
Serious Musician
Serious Musician
Posts: 1557
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:02 am
Gender: Male
Location: Nowitzki's place of birth
Contact:

Re: First Love, Last Love (CHORUS in a Jewelry Commercial?)

Post by CTWF » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:29 pm

SteveAlton wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:26 pm
So I got this brainstorm today to pitch the CHORUS to Jewelry Companies like Kay Jewelers or Jareds for a commercial...What do you think????
Good idea! Also, wedding/renewal venues come to mind. Not sure Las Vegas resorts run ads like that, but I could imagine the song in this direction, too.

Tom
https://soundcloud.com/ctwf My sh1t is straight FIRE! d;-o

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests