UPDATED version/(FIFTH) New song ... "Just Say It"

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

UPDATED version/(FIFTH) New song ... "Just Say It"

Post by tedsingingfox » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:16 am

FWIW, I think this may be one of the most beautiful things I've ever written...but then, I've also heard all the CRAP I've written and maybe that's what makes this one stand out to my ears. At first, I wasn't so big on the idea of KEEPING my humming in the piece. But I really like the emotional feel of it.I'm still waiting for a couple of tracks to get recorded to add to this (which will then allow me to pull the humming way back in the mix), but I think this is pretty strong as it is...This is 100% MIDI-free music. What sort of feelings does this one evoke in you?You guys are the best. Thank you, Ted"Just Say It'http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... 7&stream=1
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

llama
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: (FIFTH) New song ... "Just Say It" ... please.

Post by llama » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:10 am

This is GREAT Ted, love it, love it, love it.......did I say that I love this piece? But, and you may not like me saying this...BUT this is a song and it would be a killer song. I remember you writing what this was about back when you posted up the raw demos. Add lyrics around that theme, pin them to this music and this would be amazing IMHO.Derek

ontariolightning
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ontariolightning » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:45 am

The humming sounds forced or something, it doesn't sound natural to me but its produced very well, I like it, the more I hear it the more it grows, ill like the humming after the 5th listen

heinsite
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by heinsite » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:05 pm

very nice, i'd sub out the humm for lyrics, then keep the humm with reverb way in the background. again, very enticing work!!!!heinsite

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:30 pm

thanks, guys.Ontario, I figure that couldn't be a terrible sign if you were able to sit through it 5 times... thanks, heinsite. that's pretty much what I'm planning to do (but minus the lyrics).I'm actually eager to get this one finished so I can start making plans for my next round in the studio (in early July). Have 3 pieces we didn't get to and have already started a new piece this morning.Thanks, again, for taking the time.Ted
The truest of tears
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

byllsong
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by byllsong » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:23 pm

Again, I hear the Islands...Full Moon on the horizon...small intimate fire...something warm to sip on...and your better half. Ah, life is good.
Billy

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:10 pm

Quote:Again I hears the Islands...Full Moon on the horizon...small intimate fire...something warm to sip on...and your better half. Ah, life is good. COOL, Billy. That's what I was aiming for without being too blatant about it. Thanks for the feedback.Ted
The truest of tears
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:29 pm

Would'ja take your hand offa yer mouth and sing something! So you hire cats to do these music beds, and then write your lyrics and melodies later? Definitely cool... you could use them as instrumental tracks to, that's great, overdub a piano or whoever you've got access to, that solos real good.Cause making music beds for you, to write over, could be fun. You also have this great willingess to flog the tunes, which I myself don't have a lotta time for...

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:34 pm

Quote:Would'ja take your hand offa yer mouth and sing something! So you hire cats to do these music beds, and then write your lyrics and melodies later? Definitely cool... you could use them as instrumental tracks to, that's great, overdub a piano or whoever you've got access to, that solos real good.Cause making music beds for you, to write over, could be fun. You also have this great willingess to flog the tunes, which I myself don't have a lotta time for..."Flog" the tune?!?! Not sure what you mean, exactly; but if it's what I THINK you mean, I stopped doing that kind of work years ago. I'm an ARTISTE now, don'tcha know... FWIW, these were all MEANT to be instrumentals, only. But from the feedback I keep getting, I may need to put some time and effort into working on lyrics.thanks, my friend.Ted
The truest of tears
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:35 pm

Flog = exploit, make money with, find a home for!Quote:Quote:Would'ja take your hand offa yer mouth and sing something! So you hire cats to do these music beds, and then write your lyrics and melodies later? Definitely cool... you could use them as instrumental tracks to, that's great, overdub a piano or whoever you've got access to, that solos real good.Cause making music beds for you, to write over, could be fun. You also have this great willingess to flog the tunes, which I myself don't have a lotta time for..."Flog" the tune?!?! Not sure what you mean, exactly; but if it's what I THINK you mean, I stopped doing that kind of work years ago. I'm an ARTISTE now, don'tcha know... FWIW, these were all MEANT to be instrumentals, only. But from the feedback I keep getting, I may need to put some time and effort into working on lyrics.thanks, my friend.Ted